What's new

New toy

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
BTW, what are you going to build off of the N4? I went with a RECCE style build. Noveske/VLTOR one piece upper, SS Noveske RECCE barrel, Troy BUIS, Nightforce 1-4x with a Larue mount. Looking retrospectively with this AWB in place here in NY, I should've went quantity over quality although I have 2 6920 consecutive SSNs in the safe.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
All that needs is a CTR and an EOTech...maybe an RRA two stage. Quick and cheap.
Never saw this I'm not sure yet to be honest in md I will jot be able to buy ar's after 10/1 so I'm getting the lower right away and building it later and over time so I can go high end on each peice. I was a noveske fan and already had to have one and when he passed I knew that was my next move but then with all this legislation coming it was time to move on it.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
All that needs is a CTR and an EOTech...maybe an RRA two stage. Quick and cheap.
Never saw this I'm not sure yet to be honest in md I will jot be able to buy ar's after 10/1 so I'm getting the lower right away and building it later and over time so I can go high end on each peice. I was a noveske fan and already had to have one and when he passed I knew that was my next move but then with all this legislation coming it was time to move on it.
I feel for you man. That legislation sucks let alone just pointless. Come move down to the South and you can buy anything you want (with the proper paperwork of course for Class 3 items)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I am a pistol guy as I instruct on them all the time the rifle world is new to me. I'm pretty sure RRA is rock river but what is the purpose and functionality of a "two stage trigger"
Have you ever shot a Para Ordanance LDA trigger? It's like that. Really light take up, with a final wall for the break.
Most stock triggers are fine, especially after breaking it in. If you're gonna upgrade, I'd look at somebody who specializes in triggers... like Geiselle, for example.

Also, forget the CTR. If you get a new stock, get one that actually offers a proper cheek-weld.

d-boy

Zach Emerson DeBoy
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I am a pistol guy as I instruct on them all the time the rifle world is new to me. I'm pretty sure RRA is rock river but what is the purpose and functionality of a "two stage trigger"
Have you ever shot a Para Ordanance LDA trigger? It's like that. Really light take up, with a final wall for the break.
Most stock triggers are fine, especially after breaking it in. If you're gonna upgrade, I'd look at somebody who specializes in triggers... like Geiselle, for example.

Also, forget the CTR. If you get a new stock, get one that actually offers a proper cheek-weld.
I second the stock part.

The triggers are just a nice upgrade but not a necessity like he said above. They just offer a real crisp trigger pull. For example, if you want to take a precise shot, you can pull the trigger back and it will stop right before the breaking point, then you just pull back like a revolver with the hammer cocked. But you can also rapid fire with the trigger and it pulls like a crisp trigger. (Sorry I'm not the best at explaining lol, but that's the best I could do without having you shoot mine)

Also the RRA Two Stage is just one of the options for the drop in triggers like mentioned above. Timney triggers are also an excellent choice.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

The Magpul STR offers a much better cheek weld, I like mine so far. I also had a Vltor E-Mod on my last M4 and it is a good option as well.

If you want an upgraded trigger, Geissele is the only option in my opinion. They are pricey, but they are the only aftermarket trigger I would trust in my M4s.

Nice choice going with the Noveske...I'd love to own one of John's rifles someday.