What's new

New Toyota Supra

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard that Toyota might be coming out with a new Supra in 2015. Has anyone heard any final details on this? The old Supra 1993 mid year through 1998 are 1 of my favorite cars of all time. Still pretty reasonable in price for how rare they are and how much car you get. I am sure the new ones will be way expensive. If anyone has any good info on the new Supra let me know!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Not holding my breathe...I had a 93 rx7 r1 and probably my favorite car ever owned. The rx8 was a slap to the face. Even with the gtr..I love the car...I really do but the r33-34 just had that little extra badassness. I really hope it is great because I love the supra...but the past 5 years are not really paving the way for the Godzilla cars:)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It won't happen. Toyota has been rumoured to release the supra for the nearly a decade now. The supra kind of exists its Scions FR-S and the Tc which is the Celica.

Toyota itself will not return to the sports car segment that is Scion and Lexus they will release things relatively close to it but it will never return to the Mark IV. That was a special beast also when the FT-HS does release it is a hybrid won't be Supra at heart.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah I remember when I first saw that big ass spoiler STOCK. Yeesh. I was a supra fan even before that one tho guess cuz moms had a celica. Got my first speeding ticket In a white one. 87 in a 25 lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just read about this the other day. They said it will be a hybrid. Also, possibly only automatic transmission.

Also read this will come in around 60k... Give me an M3 over this any day of the week and twice on sundays.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
See that's my worry they are going to destroy an amazing history. Supra was Toyota's pride and joy and then there was the pocket rocket MR2.

With fuel efficiency and worries on emissions none of the old glory will ever be return unless gas goes down $1

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's exactly what I think too. The supra stood for something special this new car isn't going to be a true supra 2JZ turbo charged engine AWD was a monster in its own right. I put one in my old 92 Celica GT-Four and it was magical.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Not sure if I am reading your post right, Supras are RWD from factory (shops have done an AWD conversion before). The underdog Celica GT-Four was AWD though and housed a 3S-GTE which was a fun little motor in its own and a 2JZ motor is to large to fit in a Celica and would cost $$$$$ (more so then source and buying a nice Supra) in fab work to even fit and work proper.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Not sure if I am reading your post right, Supras are RWD from factory (shops have done an AWD conversion before). The underdog Celica GT-Four was AWD though and housed a 3S-GTE which was a fun little motor in its own and a 2JZ motor is to large to fit in a Celica and would cost $$$$$ (more so then source and buying a nice Supra) in fab work to even fit and work proper.
Well the gt-four was a larger engine bay then the current Celica. The fabrication took me 3 months just to adjust the fire wall and engine mounts. My intercooler was on the wrong side of my bumper just to fit it all in. It was definitely time consuming but when your in high school and work for a your best friends dad who owns a shop made life easier.

And the MKIV from 1988 to 1993 was released in an AWD configuration. It was a limited special edition remember in that span Toyota was a master of the World Rally Championship.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Well the gt-four was a larger engine bay then the current Celica. The fabrication took me 3 months just to adjust the fire wall and engine mounts. My intercooler was on the wrong side of my bumper just to fit it all in. It was definitely time consuming but when your in high school and work for a your best friends dad who owns a shop made life easier.

And the MKIV from 1988 to 1993 was released in an AWD configuration. It was a limited special edition remember in that span Toyota was a master of the World Rally Championship.

Still wrong brother, the MKIV Supras were built from 93'-02', the MKIII's were from 86'-92' and those still were never factory AWD either.

Now the Celica is a different story, in 86' they finally separated the Celica from the Supra and each became their own breed. The Celica Ultimate in 86' was the Celica GT-Four which was AWD and produced because, as you mentioned, they wanted to race it in the WRC. So they had to make a production car of their race car due to the regulations.