What's new

New Undercrown - Shade

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Connecticut Shade appears to be making a comeback. In the last year we have seen My Father, Padron, and DE all enter this area of premium cigars. The industry often follows trends, and those trends are often cyclical. I am curious to see how good the Padron and DE ones are as they typically make very good full body cigars. I am sure their quality will extend to Connecticut Shade.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I like the look, the dark colored box is a nice contrast to the light band and wrapper. I'm a big fan of the current undercrowns and I generally like Connecticut shade wrappers (though they are fragile), so I'll be giving these a try. Hopefully they come out at the UC price point, not the LP price point..

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
looks interesting, i always had a sweet spot for Connecticut shade wrappers. I know many people start of smoking Connecticut shade since its .milder, but i find if i revisit some of those old sticks there do pack a lot of flavor.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Looking forward to trying them.

...as long as they're not priced outta their league.

I used to like the undercrown but my preference has shifted to milder smokes. So I'd be interested in trying. While I've not had the Norteño, I like the Herrera Esteli Lonsdale a lot, I think and hope this one delivers to my tastes ss well.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm very intrigued. I've moved away from oscuro/maduro wrappers, and will be very interested to see how this new blend tastes. I'm not huge on sumatra either, but if Willy is blending it, consider me interested.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I saw this earlier today in a facebook post. My first thought is as some of you have said, hopefully stay at the UC price and not the LP price. Undercrowns are a staple in my humi now as I've taken a liking to them and their prices aren't bad. I'm very intrigued and curious about at least trying one or two. Maybe a few more to really see if I'd enjoy it. I usually never go by the first cigar and usually will smoke at least 1 more before making the decision if I like them or not. I think these are being shown (and or) released at the ICPCR in NOLA coming up shortly. So hopefully my local B&M will be carrying these bad boys soon enough.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I have to try at least a fiver. I am usually underwhelmed with Connecticut Shade wrappers but like the original UC enough to give them a whirl. Thanks for sharing the press release.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
here is a little more info on the sizes/pricing:
Corona Doble (7 x 54, MSRP $9.50), Belicoso (6 x 52, MSRP $9.00), Gran Toro (6 x 52, MSRP $8.25), Gordito (6 x 60, MSRP $9.95), Corona (5 5/8 x 46, MSRP $7.50), and Robusto (5 x 54, MSRP $7.75).

I have smoked this and i while i am obviously a little biased, i really enjoyed it. I am not normally much of a connecticut shade smoker but this has a more medium body to it and a ton of flavor. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the blend once they get their hands on it!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Corona Doble (7 x 54, MSRP $9.50), Belicoso (6 x 52, MSRP $9.00), Gran Toro (6 x 52, MSRP $8.25), Gordito (6 x 60, MSRP $9.95), Corona (5 5/8 x 46, MSRP $7.50), and Robusto (5 x 54, MSRP $7.75).

I have smoked this and i while i am obviously a little biased, i really enjoyed it. I am not normally much of a connecticut shade smoker but this has a more medium body to it and a ton of flavor. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the blend once they get their hands on it!
Awesome!!! Thank you for the additional information!! The prices aren't bank breakers at all. I sense the UC-Shade becoming a staple in the humi......

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Sweet. I've really been into Corona & CG sizes recently. And at $7.50 even better.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
So it's a bit more than the Undercrown, unless MSRP doesn't really mean anything. Think the Undercrown Corona Viva is about $6/ea online retail (but $8-9 locally so maybe..)

Just hope they (can) go on special. Only reason I have a box of em is because of a good sale at CI that had em for 125 and included the DE/JDN sampler.

If I can get a box for 6 or less I might just grab a box blindly like I did with the OR UC.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I think I'm actually more surprised that they put out a corona. I believe that may be the first in the Liga line under a 50rg.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think that the OR UC is a great smoke and honestly haven't had many sticks from Drew Estate I haven't enjoyed so I'm deff interested in trying these.