What's new

New Used Truck

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Been in the market for a used truck to have the ability to get large items for the wife's endless series of projects. Found this beauty. And 05 Nissan Titan with under 100k on the odometer! So now, 38 years old and I finally am a truck owner!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Been in the market for a used truck to have the ability to get large items for the wife's endless series of projects. Found this beauty. And 05 Nissan Titan with under 100k on the odometer! So now, 38 years old and I finally am a truck owner!

Congrats! Have fun with it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Congrats buddy but I'd have thought a truck was required before you moved in !

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Looks good! You haven’t truly lived until you’ve driven a truck straight from the highway to a side road, without an exit ramp. Just make sure you’re confident in the lay of the land between the highway and road though - the flatter the better, but avoid standing water if it’s been raining

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@WNYTONY, it's not required, but they've been holding onto my official Arkansas resident registration till I provide proof of truck ownership!
@multi-useless, have to be real flat, unfortunately it's only 2wd, so I'm not sure it actually qualifies as a truck.... Either way, I got 8 cylinders, ~350 hp, and a 6.5' bed to move stuff!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
2wd can tow more of the wifes projects, you have a man truck. Ive had 4x4 jeeps and trucks and my favorite truck was a 90's 2wd Ford F-150 that got stuck exactly 0 times in snow, mud or rain over the years.

Granted I didn't spend a lot of time in areas of 2 foot mud that I created for the sole purpose of driving drunk with my sister on my lap... but after typing that sentence Im more excited then I was before writing it, so maybe you do need a 4x4.

congrats on the purchase (y)

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks good! You haven’t truly lived until you’ve driven a truck straight from the highway to a side road, without an exit ramp. Just make sure you’re confident in the lay of the land between the highway and road though - the flatter the better, but avoid standing water if it’s been raining
Truth. The ol' Texas Exit Ramp...a classic maneuver. :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
And CigarGavin makes a good point. To a large extent, a 2WD with a good driver can go decently far off-road. I've seen plenty of 4WD trucks get brutally stuck because the driver thought that shifting into 4H is apparently a cheat code against gravity, common sense, and vehicle weight. I'm looking at YOU all those F-350s with pipe steel bumpers who buried yourselves in the sand at the beach and flailed about like beached whales...

I have legitimately needed 4x4 maybe three times? I love having it handy as a "just in case" for sure, but I've driven through some gnarly stuff without ever really needing to flip it into 4WD.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You know what's fun is going "mudding" with a fella that could have been my brother in law. Oh you'll have a great time, drinking, riding around the gas pipelines getting the crap bounced out of me in the middle of the night. 1st big hole we're buried past the axle in swamp mud. Spent the rest of the night hollering into the CB to have his buddies come pull us out. Got home in time to take a shower and go to work. I decided that night I really didn't want anything to do with that crazy coonass family.