What's new

New Used Truck

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
And CigarGavin makes a good point. To a large extent, a 2WD with a good driver can go decently far off-road. I've seen plenty of 4WD trucks get brutally stuck because the driver thought that shifting into 4H is apparently a cheat code against gravity, common sense, and vehicle weight. I'm looking at YOU all those F-350s with pipe steel bumpers who buried yourselves in the sand at the beach and flailed about like beached whales...

I have legitimately needed 4x4 maybe three times? I love having it handy as a "just in case" for sure, but I've driven through some gnarly stuff without ever really needing to flip it into 4WD.
Had a blizzard back when I lived in Ohio ~2009. I was driving an '88 Honda Accord, and I had an "essential" job that I still had to drive to. So... There I am, driving with nearly bald tires through 2 ft of snow, in a car that the roof is about 3.5' tall. I'm going about 15 down the highway, and a big F350 4×4 with chains zooms past going about 45..... A mile down the road, he's in the ditch trying to flag me down! I would normally have stopped to help a stranded motorist.... But if I stopped, I wasn't gonna start moving again!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk