What's new

New Wine Cooler!

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
it won't be necessary to be consistent over the course of the year, I will start building my cabinet humidor when get back from vacation, I just did a few shop upgrades and now I am planning a cabinet humidor that'll hold all my cigars.
until then, it's steady at 65, last week, it was different every day, that easy. all I need is a good local source for 8/4 spanish cedar, I want to resaw myself and also need a good solution to insulate the cabinet. after that, I'll get going on my project.

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was either going to do that or foam insulation, but what I don't know is how to create that space yet without making the walls of the cabinet too thick.
right now, I am thinking to veneer the outside cabinet and use bookmatched pieces of zebrawood, I would veneer 3/4" ply and then probably build a frame of sorts that I would veneer with SC and fill in the air space with insulation. we'll see, I might have to do a mock up of that first to see

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you bother to get the smell out of yours? I just picked mine up this weekend and haven't put anything in it yet!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Did you bother to get the smell out of yours? I just picked mine up this weekend and haven't put anything in it yet!

Windex should do the trick most times. Wipe it down real good and let air dry with the door open and unplugged. If still smells, repeat that step. I also used plain water and let air dry after the windex to be sure the smell was gone. You should try and get that plastic smell outta there before adding boxes or sticks. Congrats on your new purchase too. :clap:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Windex should do the trick most times. Wipe it down real good and let air dry with the door open and unplugged. You should try and get that plastic smell outta there before adding boxes or sticks. Congrats on your new purchase too. :clap:

Thanks! I have a box of baking soda in there now. Was considering just a vinegar wipedown too.

I'm excited, but if you see my other post .. my humi wont fit in it as planned :( :( :(. (Good and bad... ha ha)

:guitar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wiped mine down with windex and it didn't smell until I ran it again. Now the whole thing smells of plastic once more. Hrmph

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta overload it with the spanish cedar smell. Pack it full of boxes.
This is what I've heard. A very generous BOTL offered to send me some cedar to help me get the stink out until I can get some cedar shelves made.

:thumbsup: