What's new

New wine fridge /wineador

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So penfolds have an offer here in Australia that u buy any 6 bottles of their bin series (appx $200 ) you can then buy a vintec 36 bottle fridge for $200 instead of the normal $650 so $400 I'll have plenty of wine and a fridge, lovely !!!

I saw this picture( see attached )and got me thinkin I'm going do exactly this !!! I'm a chippy by trade so should be able to knock something up .

It Will take a few months as I'm quite busy plus my wife's due for our 1st baby in 2 months but this is when I'll be taking 2weeks time off, so I'll have this little project to work on . I'll have a few q's later down the track ;)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeew !!! Just had to share my excitement ;)

Cheers

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I figured "a chippy" had to do with carpentry but I had to look that up!

Keep us posted with your build, some brother here have built some very impressive bars for theirs.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Haha bit of Aussie slang ;)
Yeh I've had a look at a few quite impressive to say the least . Mine will be very similar to this a box with a slide In/out draw all sealed separately within itself inside the wine fridge screws glue timber some draw runners , thanks for coming !! Excited to get it under way still gotta save the pennies too !! These little buggers arnt cheap !

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeh it's pretty awesome nas ;)!! I wish 23 of them . I've got a 50ct humi which has about 40 cigars atm but a draw I'd say could hold 120+ depending on dimensions. Will do señor perfecto just want to get a good seal around draw. Yeh same eswary penfolds is a great Australian wine , had many a pi$$y night on the 407 or 707 great wines, they refer to them as the baby grange which is their flagship wine .

Cheers

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just thinking the wine fridge will only control temp not humidity , So I'll still need beads in draw etc . And if I make the draw like this (see pic) it will help with fluctuations in temp/humidity when main door is opened . So I need to get it sealed Properly .

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep, it will just control temp. And I assume its a thermoelectric controlled? The condenser styles will suck the humidity out.
And I liked the Aussie slang too.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thx rfraser
Mmmmmm thermo electric u say . I might need to read into that otherwise my idea just flew out the window !!! Thx for the heads up

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

It says mechanical here if I'm understanding you right ? So maybe my wineador dreams have been shattered ?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It's not the "mechanical" part you need to be worried about, that just means it uses a dial to set the temp instead of an electronic keypad. Your big red flag here is that it's a compressor system. You want to specifically look for "thermoelectric" cooling

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'll send vintec an email thx cgraunke ;)

Smoqman which would you suggest out of the link you sent the dual is a great idea don't know how it would effect the cigars though ? Any info appreciated fellas ;)

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Vintec got back and said the deals finished and there not thermo electric , so that ship has sailed .

However shill keen on wine fridge /wineador so if anyone can let me know if I can 1-) use a dual temp and 2.) which fridge I should go for $200-250

Cheers

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, that's too bad, but at least you found out before you had it stocked and all your sticks are dried out. You can check out air-n-water.com
A lot of the guys (myself included) have gotten their fridge there. They will probably ship international which may be a little pricey bit they have good sales, especially on scratch and dent models and they may help of set the shipping cost.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thx rfraser I'll have a look

From the link cgraunke posted does anyone know if I can use dual zone or should I stick to single zone ?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
That part is just personal preference. As long as it's thermoelectric, you should be fine. Maybe check the temp ranges. Your looking for temps around 65-70 deg F. The point behind the dual zone for wine is to have one warmer for reds and the other cooler for whites. If they limit the temp in the "white zone" to lower temperatures, you might not be able to use the integral temperature control (I.e. if the max temp setting in the white zone is 55, you might have to add an external temperature controller.)
If both zones can set as high as 65-70, the dual might be beneficial to use one for long term aging and the other for daily smokes since you won't be disrupting your "aging zone" every time you have a smoke. Hope this makes sense...
Short checklist:
- Is it thermoelectric?
- What is max temp in each zone?
- (future)