What's new

New X-tend Lighter & Have a Problem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purged the old fuel and now it won't take a refill. I don't know what went wrong because it did have a small flame before the purge, but now none.

I just got it this afternoon. Any help would be appreciated.

Gotta run for now, but I'll be back later.

Thanks,
Ron

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Ron, what type of fuel are you using? Are you sure it is getting into the lighter? The X-tends are as reliable as a good dog usually

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom, I'm using Dupont's X-tend butane. I must have done something the wrong way.

It came this afternoon and right out of the box it had a small flame. I purged out the remaining fuel as per what I've read on this forum and then tried to fuel it. So far no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Ron

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bleed it again, then buy some better fuel from Cigarmony.com and then refill. Use about 3 5-second bursts and the lighter should be full. Wait for the lighter to warm up then light. Use the flame adjuster to adjust the flame height accordingly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried adjusting the flame with no luck.

I bleed the tank before I tried to fill it the first time. Since then it will not take a refill and there is nothing to bleed out of the tank. So when I try to light it there is a spark, no sound of fuel coming out and no flame.

I guess I'll be sending this back for a fix very shortly.

Thanks for your help.
Ron the flameless

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea, I'm all tapped out on ideas. Do you have a local shop you can bring it to before sending it out?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no shops locally that I can take the lighter to for repairs. I'm calling the internet store where I bought it tomorrow to see if they can do anything for me. If they can't help, I'll send it the Dupont repair shop.

If this is the worst that happens to me this month, I'll consider myself lucky.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Ron

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my lighter problem.

On Monday I contacted Steven at knoxcigar.com where I purchased the lighter and told him about the trouble I was having with the lighter. He said sorry for the problem and that he would send me a new one immediately. I told him I would be out of town until late Wednesday, so he said he would set it up so I would receive it on Thursday. He also said he would include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the broken lighter.

Well, today, Thursday my new lighter and return label arrived as promised. I was able to purge this lighter and refill it with no problems.

I'm truely satisfied with the new X-tend lighter and the excellent service I received from Steven at knoxcigar.com. They will definitely be a store I will use again.

Just one last, what is the best way to purge the old fuel and then refill the lighter?

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe and all of your help.
Ron

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Gotta love top notch customer service :thumbsup:

Glad to hear everything worked out

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my lighter problem.

On Monday I contacted Steven at knoxcigar.com where I purchased the lighter and told him about the trouble I was having with the lighter. He said sorry for the problem and that he would send me a new one immediately. I told him I would be out of town until late Wednesday, so he said he would set it up so I would receive it on Thursday. He also said he would include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the broken lighter.

Well, today, Thursday my new lighter and return label arrived as promised. I was able to purge this lighter and refill it with no problems.

I'm truely satisfied with the new X-tend lighter and the excellent service I received from Steven at knoxcigar.com. They will definitely be a store I will use again.

Just one last, what is the best way to purge the old fuel and then refill the lighter?

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe and all of your help.
Ron
I am sorry for your bad luck on the xtend, but Im glad everything got resolved. I have had my extend lighter for 3 years, filled it over 30 times, dropped it at least 5 times and it has never had a problem! I am sure this will be your last problem with the lighter.. They truly make an incredible lighter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the thought. Everything is working fine. I've got a great lighter that's trouble free, a can of Vector, a 12 pack of lava in the wings, and a Stinky ashtray. What else could I possible want when it's time to enjoy a good cigar?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Where did you find the lava? I always wanted to try that stuff out. Heard it was better than the vector

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the lava at this web site: www.lavabutane.com about a month ago. I called them before I ordered it just to make sure it was in stock. My 12 pack came within a week. It was a good buying experience.

I've not used any of it yet because I want to finish the can of Vector first.

Ron

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the shipping and handling was more than the fule. 1 can is $17.93 toal.

The list price for the 5.3 oz is $7.99. Buy more than one if you do 'cos I bet the shipping cost is not much more for 5 pack than a single.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Shit, I use my X-tend a lot and a can of vector seems to last forever.

A case would be way overkill