What's new

New Years Fare

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I usually have pork, sauerkraut and black eyed peas on New Years day. I think the pork/kraut is a German/PA Dutch tradition and the black eyed peas are a Jewish tradition. I'm not German, Amish or Jewish but it's something my family has done as long as I can remember.

Do y'all have any special/traditional foods at New Years?

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
We don't have anything in particular. Probably going with pork chops tomorrow.

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
We usually have black eyed peas. Last year we neglected our tradition and didn't fare so well. This we are stocked up and ready.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Getting ready to pop another bottle of chamapagne for some mimosas and blueberry pancakes.

Gonna get drunk on champagne today, watch football ,eat Jambalaya, black eyed peas and cornbread.

Oh, and smoke some good cigars!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We started our New Year's cookin' yesterday. Made up a batch of shrimp fresh rolls with plum sauce and chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce.

For today, the baby backs have been in the smoker for 3 hours now. Gonna have those with a twice-baked potato casserole and some black-eyed peas.

Today's smoke was a 5 Vegas Gold, enjoyed at 15&#176;F while shoveling the deck and finished off while watching some visitors to the bird feeder.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
We started our New Year's cookin' yesterday. Made up a batch of shrimp fresh rolls with plum sauce and chicken satay with spicy peanut sauce.

For today, the baby backs have been in the smoker for 3 hours now. Gonna have those with a twice-baked potato casserole and some black-eyed peas.

Today's smoke was a 5 Vegas Gold, enjoyed at 15°F while shoveling the deck and finished off while watching some visitors to the bird feeder.
It's always nice reading your posts and the grub you've prepared is absolutely mouthwatering.

Enjoy, and Happy New Year!

bell-hop-boy

you know HIM?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets see, #1 i am still not feeling so good #2 i am still poor from christmas so i think i will be hitting up Pho Nams a Vietnamese spot by me and have me a big bowl of hot PHO.

Attachments

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It's below freezing with four inches of snow on the ground!
we grill year round. nothing like standing on a cold deck next to a hot grill flipping steaks and burgers and sucking slush from a half frozen bottle of beer..... :glassesgr

oh yea, and were having bbq ribs.