What's new

Newair 250ct humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I wanted to get some feedback from newair humidor owners that have been using the units for a while and see if you had any issues and if its holding up well over time.

I'm currently using the Salvador 250ct humidor which holds humidity very well with boveda packs. However, during the summer temps can get up to 78/79. Even with the AC Running, it stay around 75/76. This results in me baby sitting the humidor and trying to find an area around the house that stays cool enough, even then I'll be happy to stay around 72 degrees.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My NewAir stays around 65/66 but I have an additional fan moving the warm air from the back of the unit. I think with the smaller thermoelectric coolers you're lucky to change temperature 10 to 12 degrees below ambient. I know a compressor based wine cooler will give you cooler temperatures but maintaining humidity will more of an issue.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just a cheap personal fan sitting on a shelf circulating the air behind the unit. Mine is up against a wall and the airspace if obviously warmer then the rest of the room.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Phoenix and just got the CC-100 and just loaded it with cigars last night after a few days seasoning and airing out. I have a Boveda butler to log temps and rh in it. Given I am in phoenix when not home the AC is set to hold 83. I set the newair to 72 and it has pretty much held that +/-1 all week even right after adding the cigars.

I seasoned with a quick wipe down and a sponge getting it up to 83% steady for a day. Pulled the sponge added 3 72% boveda for a day was still around 80 so left the door open for 30 minutes. Dropped to 74. Another 12 hours was holding 74 so added the cigars and now settled at 71 and going strong at 71-71 with about 40 cigars in it. Have another 20 or so more on the way to try and get it loaded.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Congrats on the new Cigar Cooler. Keep and eye on it, they generally take a couple of weeks to get settled in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the plan the butler is really helpful as I have it set for notifications if temp or rh moves out of range and can base that on a 3-6 hour average so don’t get pinged like crazy if it shifts a bit or I open the door.
Might grab one or two more for the other shelves at $20 it’s a pretty solid little unit. Have a caliber iv in there too just for comparison.