What's new

NewAir CC-300 Setups, Mods, Tips

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. What hygrometer is everyone using
I use a combination, the analog ones that come with the drawers, plus some Acu-rite large ones I picked up on a black friday sale for like $5, but my favorite ones are Caliber IV due to the ability to calibrate and place them just about anywhere. Is the Oasis IV the same thing? Why wouldn't you trust it? Honestly with 18 boveda's in my cooler I don't care as much what the hydrometers say as I'm curious if they agree with boveda's are working.

It's interesting I've made many mistakes with my cooler #1 didn't season long enough, #2 didn't season new trays long enough when adding them, #3 Added way too much new stock way too fast. The results have been a few inconsistent burn issues with my cigars, but as I let this thing set everything seems to be working itself out. Humidity seems about 5% lower on the bottom than the top, so I move my cigars in the most need of drying down (and the ones I smoke most often) to the bottom, and keep my NC's near the top (the NC's all smoke perfect)

So I think with a big temperature controlled mostly airtight cabinet, you will have a lot of leeway. With all the mistakes I've made 90% of my CC's and 100% of NC's smoke perfectly. Here's what they look like now

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. What hygrometer is everyone using? I have a Boveda Butler but like a larger digital backup and tried the Cigar Oasis IV which is too small and not functioning correctly even after calibration.
When I first started, the brothers here recommended the Ambient Weather wireless hygrometers and I purchased the 3 sensor pack. Till now they've been working great (once calibrated) and have only swapped batteries out once since I got them a few years ago. Since I only have a wino, I have them placed on the top, middle, and bottom so I can see the rh distribution in one glance on the main hub/screen. Good stuff!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started, the brothers here recommended the Ambient Weather wireless hygrometers and I purchased the 3 sensor pack. Till now they've been working great (once calibrated) and have only swapped batteries out once since I got them a few years ago. Since I only have a wino, I have them placed on the top, middle, and bottom so I can see the rh distribution in one glance on the main hub/screen. Good stuff!
I use the same one in one of my wineadors and it has been bulletproof. In my second wino I've used a newer version which I really like as well. The new version has a color screen, comes with five sensors and the screen shows a graph which shows you the history of temp and humidity for up to 72 hours. The display on the new one also plugs in so you don't have to worry about batteries for the display. Both are great, I like the newer one a bit more but it's missing displaying the rooms temp/humidity reading from the display that the old one had so they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I would highly recommend either though as it is really nice to know what different parts of your wino are reading since there will be variability from top to bottom.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use a combination, the analog ones that come with the drawers, plus some Acu-rite large ones I picked up on a black friday sale for like $5, but my favorite ones are Caliber IV due to the ability to calibrate and place them just about anywhere. Is the Oasis IV the same thing? Why wouldn't you trust it? Honestly with 18 boveda's in my cooler I don't care as much what the hydrometers say as I'm curious if they agree with boveda's are working.

It's interesting I've made many mistakes with my cooler #1 didn't season long enough, #2 didn't season new trays long enough when adding them, #3 Added way too much new stock way too fast. The results have been a few inconsistent burn issues with my cigars, but as I let this thing set everything seems to be working itself out. Humidity seems about 5% lower on the bottom than the top, so I move my cigars in the most need of drying down (and the ones I smoke most often) to the bottom, and keep my NC's near the top (the NC's all smoke perfect)

So I think with a big temperature controlled mostly airtight cabinet, you will have a lot of leeway. With all the mistakes I've made 90% of my CC's and 100% of NC's smoke perfectly. Here's what they look like now
My Oasis (same one) just isn’t reading accurately. I calibrated it with along with my Boveda Butler +3% and it’s still low 3%. I know I can turn it up another 2% but I don’t trust it. I have another digital Prometheus that is on target and reads right on with the Butler I just want something I can eyeball from the window (larger). I may pick up one of the Ambient Weather units above. Appreciate the insight.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I use the same one in one of my wineadors and it has been bulletproof. In my second wino I've used a newer version which I really like as well. The new version has a color screen, comes with five sensors and the screen shows a graph which shows you the history of temp and humidity for up to 72 hours. The display on the new one also plugs in so you don't have to worry about batteries for the display. Both are great, I like the newer one a bit more but it's missing displaying the rooms temp/humidity reading from the display that the old one had so they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I would highly recommend either though as it is really nice to know what different parts of your wino are reading since there will be variability from top to bottom.

Yes I was looking at those new ones online and they looks pretty cool, if I set up a second wino I'd opt for one of those with enough sensors to do both winos. That way I have one screen to view everything. Until then, the one I have (3 sensors and 1 main) works real well till now and I have no complaints!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have the smaller 100. I use 4-6 65% Bovedas and it stays rock steady with about 100 sticks in it. I disabled the cooling cuz it seems to be more stable that way and don’t need it as it is in my basement. I left the interior circ fan, lighting, and temp display on. I already had a Xikar calibratable hygrometer but bought a round Hygroset to mount in the hole where the analog that came with it was mounted with some slight modification. Probably don’t need two hygrometers but put the Xikar on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have the smaller 100. I use 4-6 65% Bovedas and it stays rock steady with about 100 sticks in it. I disabled the cooling cuz it seems to be more stable that way and don’t need it as it is in my basement. I left the interior circ fan, lighting, and temp display on. I already had a Xikar calibratable hygrometer but bought a round Hygroset to mount in the hole where the analog that came with it was mounted with some slight modification. Probably don’t need two hygrometers but put the Xikar on the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's good to have a couple in a wino, to see top vs bottom rh levels

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up a couple of govee bluetooth temp and hygrometers. Along with my oasis they are solid. I am picking up a few more for my drawer only vino28 that I am working on now.