What's new

Newb Trade Mega Samplers Crushed

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So, @bostoneo manhandled me on my pipe newb trade with 39 large samples of some of the best baccy available, and I'm pleased to report that I have sampled them all at least once, along with two other samples I obtained.

I loved giving each one a tryout and gave alot of thought to what i liked for my cellar purchases. FWIW, here are the results:

Best were...
Dunbar, Margate, Elizabethan ,Stonehaven
Arros i generally didn't get enough taste out of, but Lane 1Q and Sutcliffe Black Coffee were the only two I would actually purchase.

In general terms, I found Sutcliffe to be lacking throughout the brand and found Esoterica, Germain and McClelland to be of serious quality even if the blend wasn't just right for me. I fully intend to bludgeon many a tin on Pease, SPC, SG and McClelland going forward.

In the end, i felt it was like cigars where some brands are high quality across nearly every blend and some companies were lacking along their lines but may have a star or two. It appears I like English blends the best so far.

Now on to serious (ridiculous) bombage and MAW smackdowns from @sweemzander @bwhite220 and a secret helper or two.

You guys really helped me move into a good place and I'm very grateful.