What's new

Newbie from Chicago burbs

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I hadn't heard this, Joe, do you know any details? Thanks!
If they are closing, it's not surprising. We used to herf there until they introduced a $20 minimum purchase. We're not against minimum purchasing but $20 was steep as a minimum. The irony was that I don't recall any of us ever spending only $20 each time we went.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The cigar lounge in Schaumburg is also nice, but I just heard they are closing.
If they are closing, it's not surprising. We used to herf there until they introduced a $20 minimum purchase. We're not against minimum purchasing but $20 was steep as a minimum. The irony was that I don't recall any of us ever spending only $20 each time we went.
I was just in there recently and it did look like they were winding business down, though it wasn't specifically indicated. Didn't know about the minimum, I always buy something at any shop if I'm going to sit down and smoke, but yeah $20 is a bit steep for a requirement.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It's been a couple months for me, Rob, I never got hit with a minimum....although like you said, I usually spent more than $20 myself. It's a shame, it was super convenient if friends came from out of town and there were too many to smoke in my basement.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I hadn't heard this, Joe, do you know any details? Thanks!
Not really. I heard it was posted in a Facebook group, but I don't do facebook. I heard lighters were buy one get one free and cigars were by 20 get 10. That was probably a week ago though so it may have changed.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I don't mind the minimums and I didn't think $20 was unreasonable if you are going to stay there and smoke. Considering that area, their lease had to be expensive... not to mention dealing with Cook County taxes.

Sorry @Dirty Koi we kind of hijacked your welcome thread.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind the minimums and I didn't think $20 was unreasonable if you are going to stay there and smoke. Considering that area, their lease had to be expensive... not to mention dealing with Cook County taxes.

Sorry @Dirty Koi we kind of hijacked your welcome thread.
It's all good, I don't mind at all

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk