What's new

newbie from oklahoma

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. just got into smoking cigars about 5 months ago. i quit marlboros cause i got tired of them, and figured if i enjoy my copenhagen pouches at work, and i cigar when i have time for one then i should be able to stay off the smokes. well, its worked so far.

anyways, im 34 from oklahoma, just west of tulsa. theres only one cigar shop i know of ( teds pipe shop in tulsa ) and i have bought a few cigars from there. i actually bought a montecristo but im waiting for when i have time to really enjoy it, its the most exspensive cigar i have bought, ( 9.70). i usually smoke garica y vegas, they are alright, but not the best i have had. being on a budget though, i cant just go buy a handful of 2 and 3 dollars cigars when i want.

any suggestions to the cheaper stuff? heres what i have tried.

grenaden's ( think thats spelled right) they suck, hated them

swisher they are alright, nothing else is like them, and they are ok for when im just wanting a quick cigar.

garcia y vegas i seem to keep coming back to these, the english corona's and the crystals they are pretty good, and i actually " enjoy them"

black n milds - they suck, i dont like them

backwoods - not bad, but i dont like the way they are constructed

anyway, any help on the cheap " gas station" cigars would be cool.

i dont get into the flavors, like vanilla or strawberry,

thanx

russel 5150

3 people can keep a secret if two are dead

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Russel, Howdy and Welcome to the BOTL, ..I'm down in Sulphur, there are several people from OK, we will need to get together...Send me your addy..

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Glad you are here Russel. Take some time and get to know the site. Read as many sticky posts found on tops of most sections for great information. Check out some of our retailers for better cigar selections, many offer samplers or 5 packs for you to try. Or sign up for the newbie thread and ask for a sampler to purchase etc. can be found here. http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=4734&highlight=newbie+sampler

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.perdomocigars.net/tobacconistsok.html

Check out the attached link for other shops in the Tulsa area. I usually frequent Fogue & Bates and Archers Tobacco Pouch. They both have a nice selection. Customer service is unbeatable at Fogue & Bates. Since you are just starting out read as much as you can from this site, I am constantly amazed at the amount of knowledge that these brothers and sisters have. I learn something new on a daily basis.

Oh... I almost forgot :welcome:

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Welcome aboard keep reading the posts and you will find a lot of things to enjoy.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Welcome! :welcome:

First thing you need to do is go to this website and order a FREE cigar catalog ("catalog request" is a link is on the left):
www.famous-smoke.com

In there, you will find MANY deals on affordable bundles of preimum handmade cigars...all of which are vastly superior to those dry-cured gas station cigars but are still in the same price range.

That's where I'd recommend starting!