What's new

Newbie from Wisconsin

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hello everyone,

My name is Nick and I'm bran new here (obviously). I am from Wisconsin, go Packers! :waving:

I have been enjoying cigars for the past 8 months now. I used to smoke them when I was younger, but was very inexperienced and didn't know what I was doing (smoking too fast, cutting way too much off and having the cigar unravel, wrong lighter, storage issues, etc....) I ended up not liking them anymore and stopped. Then was re-introduced over thanksgiving to a nice PARTAGÁS SALOMÓNES by my girlfriends Uncle, and I was hooked again! Talk about a nice smoke. Ever since that, I have been building a collection. I started with a mid sized humidor and then went straight to a Wineador (more for heat issues than size, but I have a feeling it will eventually fill itself up).

As for brands I have been trying: Liga Privada, Illusione, Ashton, Arturo Fuente, My Father, La Aroma De Cuba, Casa Magna, Padron, Tatuaje, Cabaiguan, Cohiba, Monte, Hoyo De Monterry, Partagas, etc.... So far, the LP and Tat's have been my top choices for NC, followed by the La Aroma De Cuba's (a solid go to smoke IMO). I can't seem to get enough of the LP's (I just love the smoke they produce), and am looking forward to finding the illusive Dirty Rat some day. The Cohiba IV I had recently was very good and I look forward to trying the other sizes that I have, waiting for them to get more age on them first. I'm undecided on the Monte 2 I tried, I'm not sure if it was just too young or what (my tongue may been a little raw at the time too). I will have to revisit that one down the road. Anywho, that is a little background on my cigar choices to date. I have a bunch of stuff I have not tried yet, and a bunch of stuff I want to get my hands on.

As for the rests, I'll probably try and get in on a Newbie Trade once I get it figured out. I haven't fully explored the site here and just found it.

I look forward to getting to know everyone over time.
Happy smoking,

Nick

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome Nick! Those are great brands you mentioned! You will find a lot of great info and brethren here! Enjoy!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, welcom from the top of kentucky, good to have you! take your time, and ASK: there is a lot of stuff floating around this site, and you want to did, great, but as far as i have seen, every question gets answered here.

although, honestly, you seem to be off to a ROARING start. o)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
:welcome: from Minnesota.....good to have another cheesehead here!

GO PACK GO!!!

where abouts are you from?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Thanks Everyone!

I am from the Wausau area (sadly there are no good B&M's around here).

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Welcome from Oconomowoc and Minneapolis (live in both places)!
Good to have another cheesehead on the board. These darn Vikings and Bears fans are getting a little rowdy.