What's new

Newbie here from Long Island with a humi question.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Tony i have a question about humidors.

I just ordered a 150ct humidor, I'm kind of new to cigars Ive been enjoying cigars for about 5 years but for the last few months i found myself smoking more and spending a lot of time online learning what i can and buying cigars to add to my collection.

This will be my 3rd humidor, i want to get this one off in the right way, I've had problems with 1 of my other humidors as far as keeping my humidity reading at 70.

So my question is, what should i do before i add cigars to it?

Thanks.

By the way my avatar is a pic of 1 of my humidors, it's custom made to fit in the arm rest of my Crossfire.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
first off welcome to BOTL. i would use boveda seasoning packets. they say 1 packet for every 50 cigars it can hold plus one more. they season then once the humi is at the RH you want you take the packets out and put cigars in that easy. works great.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
You definitely need to season your humidor for a week or so. Put a jar of distilled water in there and let the humidity sit high for a while. Also, make sure you're using a digital hygrometer and not an analog one. Analog hygrometers (the ones with the needles) are 100% inaccurate. They will never give you a reading close to the humidity, and the needle will tend to drift even if the humidity stays the same. Check out our sponsors if you need a digital hygro, some Bovedas, or beads (great option imo).
And welcome to the site!

TYLER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick replies, I'm trying both the Beads and Boveda.
I'll let you guys know how it works out and will post pics of the humidor when its set up.

thecatmac

IS IN THE HOUSE!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
:welcome: Check out "The Puck", one of our brothers here invented! It's going in my new 100ct Humi I just got and am seasoning with a cup of distilled water for about a week to 10 days. It's got great reviews!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Welcome Tony

From one long islander to another!!! Let me know where we can meet up for a smoke. Maybe we can get RonC and Tubaman to join us.

C

Hello, my name is Tony i have a question about humidors.

I just ordered a 150ct humidor, I'm kind of new to cigars Ive been enjoying cigars for about 5 years but for the last few months i found myself smoking more and spending a lot of time online learning what i can and buying cigars to add to my collection.

This will be my 3rd humidor, i want to get this one off in the right way, I've had problems with 1 of my other humidors as far as keeping my humidity reading at 70.

So my question is, what should i do before i add cigars to it?

Thanks.

By the way my avatar is a pic of 1 of my humidors, it's custom made to fit in the arm rest of my Crossfire.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Tony

From one long islander to another!!! Let me know where we can meet up for a smoke. Maybe we can get RonC and Tubaman to join us.

C
Sounds good, I'm from S.Farmingdale we have a cigar lounge in town haven't been to it yet, we can set something up for this weekend or next, let me know.