152   0   0
Ghurka Castle Hall

The Specs
Manufactured: Honduras
Length/Gauge – 5.0” x 50 Robusto
Wrapper/Filler: Honduran wrapper with Dominican & Honduran long leaf filler
Price- $2/$3 in bundles of 20

Appearance
Dark brown wrapper, no noticeable veins. Wrapper is VERY toothy, rough to the touch.
Grade: C+

Construction
Nicely packed when squeezed; no overly soft spots. Used a punch cutter & draw was right on.
Grade: B

Flavor
Pre-light draw is dry tobacco with a bitter tea background note. Stick lit right up, aged tobacco flavor with prominent black tea, almost astringent. Very dry mouth feel, lots of smoke.

Half way down, astringent flavor says with you, not spice, but a very dry mouth feel. Picking up lots of aged tobacco flavor with a leathery and earthy finish.

Overall flavor is very “old school” no transitions, but a consistent aged tobacco flavor with a short finish. I would expect with age to continue to mellow and blunt some of the more astringent qualities.

Grade:B-

Value
Great value at $2 a pop, great knocking around cigar.
Grade: A

Final Thoughts
Great value for a single note cigar; mild but not bland, one of my go to sticks for the yard.
Final Overall Grade:B-

Attachments

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice review for a Bears' fan... :wink:

I love these sticks! Have you tried their other vitolas? I've had them in double coronas and toros; never had one of the robustos.

If you're interested, here's my review of a toro...

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Ahh yes the Gurka days of past. A cigar brand most will not admit to smoking but one we all smoked at the beginning of this wonderfull journey.
Nice review and pics bro.