What's new

Newbie seeking flavor! (tasting/technique/cigar choice?)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The best thing I did starting out was try different "countries" blends. IE Dominicans, Nicaraguan, Honduran etc.
I was able to identify flavor profiles I enjoyed and loved to poke around within what the countries blends have to offer.
Also DO NOT be afraid to dislike a cigar. All tastes are different the sooner you hate something the sooner you'll love one.
Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new too and agree with what most brothers OTL on here recommend. Flor de las Antillas is one of the best out right now, Olivia V Pedromo both nice with good complexity.
I thought the AF Hemingway was over-rated, still good but maybe too woody/leathery for me. If you have access to a good B&M, they may be able to keep a purchase record for you.
If so, but one of many sticks and experiment. I walked by Carillo's INCH line and Chupa Cabra, but they recommended based on my prior purchases and likes and was a solid for me.

Also, try CigarBoss phone app, while still buggy it's an easy way of giving your smokes a quick 1-5 star rating.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newbie who prefers mild-med body I have to agree that the Tatuaje brown label was one of the first sticks I tried where I was able to identify a bunch of different flavors. I know everyone recommends the next step for a newb should be the Olivia V, but I got nothing out of that stick. Try the Tatuaje you won't be disappointed.