What's new

REC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. New guy here. Recently aquired a pipe from a gentleman that comes to my stand every now and again. Orders himself and "eyetalian" sausage. He was a Marine during the Vietnam war and when I told him I served in the Marines, we instantly connected. Always talked to him about his pipe that he always had and always had perfect control of it. So yesterday, he brings me up a package, and lo and behold, it's his version of a pipe starter kit. He bought me a Ju-Dou pipe and a tampering tool with the spoon and the poker. (not sure of actual names) and got me a bag of Black Cavendish Smoker's Pride. He said it's a good tobacco to start off with and if I didn't like it or got tired of it, it wouldn't be a big deal to throw it away. Anyway, I'm hooked. I immediately started looking for forums and found this one and have been reading it ever since. I'm enjoying all the info so far and look forward to learning more about pipes. I also bought a corn cob pipe today to rotate them. See, I'm learning already.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
:welcome: Rec, Greetings from North Carolina my friend and Welcome to the family! :welcome:

REC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir. Where about are you from NC. I'm in Va Beach right now. I was stationed in Camp Lejeune for 4 wonderful *cough* years.

REC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen that so far. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thank you sir. Where about are you from NC. I'm in Va Beach right now. I was stationed in Camp Lejeune for 4 wonderful *cough* years.
I'm just east of Raleigh in Knightdale.

I smoke a pipe myself but only during the winter months, can't do it when it's hot and humid!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find that you enjoy the hobby, I'd recommend that you look into a Peterson. I haven't had tons of $ to spend on pipes, but my Petes are my favorite. I have a little Peterson Emerald that is light, comfortable and easy to pack (and use) on a fishing trip. Pete Systems are a better smoking pipe, but the style that I chose almost needs training wheels.

I love Black Cavendish, but sometimes the moisture can be a bit much (and hot). Don't be afraid to mix. Another great blend is Penzance. (cant post link until I have 5 posts, sorry) It's pretty dry and can compliment other blends well.
Nice to meet you!