What's new

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to say hi from a new Northern California guy. Looking forward to learning more from this forum.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hey and :welcome:

Tell us a bit about yourself.. what you like to smoke... etc..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey and :welcome:

Tell us a bit about yourself.. what you like to smoke... etc..
I only started smoking cigars about 4 months ago, but I truly love a full bodied cigar. My recent favorite has been the Partagas Black. I also introduced my wife to cigars in the last month and she now enjoys a good cigar too.

We just got back from a vacation to Boston and NYC had some great fun and cigars while we were out there. Some of the place were on the expensive side but you only live once.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Nice. When I'm back in Boston I usually hit Stanza's for a cigar with a buddy of mine. Love the atmosphere there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice. When I'm back in Boston I usually hit Stanza's for a cigar with a buddy of mine. Love the atmosphere there.
That's where we went. My wife and I went in there on a Friday afternoon and it was really quiet. We sat down in these two big leather chairs and the server came over and told us they are the owners chairs and we would have to move. No problem plenty of tables available. Fast forward about 20 minutes and the owner Dave came and sat in one of those chairs. We struck up a conversation and he shared his history with us and showed us all around the club, including the private members only area. He spent about 45 minutes just talking with us. It was a great experience.

We had so much fun on Friday we came back on Saturday night, spent about 5 hours there and had the greatest time. If you are in Boston and looking for a great time I would highly recommended Stanza's.

One word of advice, the cost for cigars may be high compared to your local B&M, but remember you are paying for the experience too. After talking with Dave he is spending money to stay open as the city and state would like to shut him and other cigar friendly establishments down.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
That's where we went. My wife and I went in there on a Friday afternoon and it was really quiet. We sat down in these two big leather chairs and the server came over and told us they are the owners chairs and we would have to move. No problem plenty of tables available. Fast forward about 20 minutes and the owner Dave came and sat in one of those chairs. We struck up a conversation and he shared his history with us and showed us all around the club, including the private members only area. He spent about 45 minutes just talking with us. It was a great experience.

We had so much fun on Friday we came back on Saturday night, spent about 5 hours there and had the greatest time. If you are in Boston and looking for a great time I would highly recommended Stanza's.

One word of advice, the cost for cigars may be high compared to your local B&M, but remember you are paying for the experience too. After talking with Dave he is spending money to stay open as the city and state would like to shut him and other cigar friendly establishments down.

There was a law passed a bit ago, IIRC, that is gonna basically stop cigar bars from operating in like 10 years or something.. Not sure of the exact specifics, but it'll be sad if Stanza's ever goes away.

I tend to bring my own sticks there because of the price, but I'll also usually buy one or two of their house cigars (which are actually decent) to help support them.

Glad you had a good time there :)

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Welcome from Sacramento! Where in NorCal are you from? If you are from around Sac or Bay area I can point you towards some great shops.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from Sacramento! Where in NorCal are you from? If you are from around Sac or Bay area I can point you towards some great shops.
I am in Sacramento...Tobacco Road has been my favorite stop, but I am always open to new ideas.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I am in Sacramento...Tobacco Road has been my favorite stop, but I am always open to new ideas.
I have probably seen you in TR. You also have Fatman Cigars at the corner of 10th and R downtown (I will be there tonight) and Perfecto Lounge on Pleasent Grove right next to Hwy65 in Roseville. Let me know if you want to meet up for a gar some time.