What's new

Next handgun?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So did you pick up a revolver yet? My favorite is my S&W 460XVR. It is an awesome nightstand sidearm if you think a bear may attack you while you sleep.
Hahaha! The bears in Jersey are getting pretty brazen lately. I want to try a GP100 out. My friend has the 4" and 6" so I want to put some rounds through each.
GP100 is a great revolver. Very solid. I think it's one of my favorites along with the SP101, though I don't own either. We had them as range guns when I ran a gun shop and range. They had hundreds of thousands of rounds. No glitches and still heavy and solid enough empty to beat someone with if all else fails... Ha.
Always good to have a melee weapon for when the ammo rubs out.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
So did you pick up a revolver yet? My favorite is my S&W 460XVR. It is an awesome nightstand sidearm if you think a bear may attack you while you sleep.
Hahaha! The bears in Jersey are getting pretty brazen lately. I want to try a GP100 out. My friend has the 4" and 6" so I want to put some rounds through each.
GP100 is a great revolver. Very solid. I think it's one of my favorites along with the SP101, though I don't own either. We had them as range guns when I ran a gun shop and range. They had hundreds of thousands of rounds. No glitches and still heavy and solid enough empty to beat someone with if all else fails... Ha.
I love rubbing my ammo out...

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I love rubbing my ammo out...
Talk about poppin off a few!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Already have these:
Glock 19
Glock 23
HK45
HK45T
HK P30 9mm
HK P30 .40SW for concealed carry
Walther P22
Glock 21

Any suggestions aside from a .40 SW M&P VTAC edition in FDE? Seriously open to non-retard ideas. You Chiappa fanbois can fuck off. I shoot those every 4th of July and its enough. Would like to hear j-frame ideas for the novelty.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
OK will have to investigate based on the awesomeness of the description alone. I know you think I'm a douchebag and were probably just posting this out of sarcasm but I'll find out for myself. :)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
OK will have to investigate based on the awesomeness of the description alone. I know you think I'm a douchebag and were probably just posting this out of sarcasm but I'll find out for myself. :)
From the people I've talked to it sounds like the 460XVR and the GP100 are leading choices for a revolver.

I like to customize my guns and upgrade as I go. A friend of mine who has the GP says that most owners can easily customize it to their liking. The trigger jobs are simple and straightforward.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
From the people I've talked to it sounds like the 460XVR and the GP100 are leading choices for a revolver.

I like to customize my guns and upgrade as I go. A friend of mine who has the GP says that most owners can easily customize it to their liking. The trigger jobs are simple and straightforward.
Wilson Combat makes a spring kit that will make it much lighter and smoother. Not too hard to install, just a little finicky to get back together. Smiths have a side plate access where the Rugers entire trigger guard swings down and out. As far as HAM full custom, check out Marc Morganti at Gemini Customs.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Already have these:
Glock 19
Glock 23
HK45
HK45T
HK P30 9mm
HK P30 .40SW for concealed carry
Walther P22
Glock 21

Any suggestions aside from a .40 SW M&P VTAC edition in FDE? Seriously open to non-retard ideas. You Chiappa fanbois can fuck off. I shoot those every 4th of July and its enough. Would like to hear j-frame ideas for the novelty.
If you are looking at base wheel guns these are the only two I dream about:
SW 610. Revolver that shoots 10mm and is pretty amazing.
Ruger Alaskan 454 or 480Ruger (or 44mag if you want a lighter load)

If you want a custom then I'd say the same thing I mentioned about Marc Morganti previously. I have a SW340PD that I had him customize several years ago. It's pretty amazing if I say so myself.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Love a S&W 686 for a base revolver (L Frame .357 mag)...

.38 is cheap to shoot, easy to come by, incredibly accurate out of an L frame, etc..

and you can always step up to the magnum cartridge if you want to take it hunting, throw it in the bedside table as a home defense weapon, etc..

Its a little big for CCW.. and (IMO) there are better options for that requirement..

but if youre wanting just a couple of wheel guns in the collection.. its hard to get more versatility, reliability, capability, etc.. than youll get out of an L Frame .357 mag.. (the stainless steel frame and cylinder make it super low maintenance as well.. an added plus..)..

[video=youtube_share;SS6Qr1CQ_kM]http://youtu.be/SS6Qr1CQ_kM[/video]

Hard to argue with Jerry Miculek's (one of, if not the single finest revolver shooter in the world.. ) regular choice in handguns...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
No douchebagginess intended...

I have one, and it is ridiculously fun. Totally unnecessary, but wicked cool.and my favorite for a play around sidearm.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Love a S&W 686 for a base revolver (L Frame .357 mag)...

.38 is cheap to shoot, easy to come by, incredibly accurate out of an L frame, etc..

and you can always step up to the magnum cartridge if you want to take it hunting, throw it in the bedside table as a home defense weapon, etc..

Its a little big for CCW.. and (IMO) there are better options for that requirement..

but if youre wanting just a couple of wheel guns in the collection.. its hard to get more versatility, reliability, capability, etc.. than youll get out of an L Frame .357 mag.. (the stainless steel frame and cylinder make it super low maintenance as well.. an added plus..)..

[video=youtube_share;SS6Qr1CQ_kM]
Hard to argue with Jerry Miculek's (one of, if not the single finest revolver shooter in the world.. ) regular choice in handguns...
This is a little unfair. I'm pretty sure Jerry could make a Rossi or Charter Arms sing, too... Maybe off key, but he'd still be a hell of a lot faster than I'll ever be... Lol.

I'll second the 686 if you can find a pre-lock. Great guns.