What's new

NFL draft

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Anyone excited about this year's draft class? Hoping my Browns get another corner to play opposite of Hayden. Of course a quarterback in the later rounds would be nice. I see them trading down this year to get another second round pick. Although I am glad we used ours last year in the supplemental draft on Gordon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what the Giants will do in the early rounds this year. Could be OL (but not LT), DE, or CB. They need help at all 3. TE and LB could use help too but their schemes make those positions less important so I'm not expecting high picks there.
I'm kind of hoping for Jonathan Cooper OG from NC or Datone Jones DE from UCLA at #19 in the first round

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Gordon was a break pick-up for the Browns in the supplemental draft, so I agree... I wouldn't feel bad with the lose of that 2nd round pick. Trading down would make sense for the Browns since there are so many good players in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I'm a big Eagles fan. At #4 I'm hoping they pick up the OT from Central Michigan Eric Fisher. If Dion Jordan drops to #4, I wouldn't mind him also since the Eagles are switching to a hybrid 3-4/4-3. The Eagles have undervalued the LB position for so many years, it would be good to get one in the 1st round.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
JDog... you should be buying a Geno Smith jersey right now... an aging/fragile Mike Vick, you know Oregon's coach is foaming at the mouth over Geno. But the right thing to do is what you said above...

For me being a Vikes fan, at least the first night will be interesting with pick 23 & 25. It will be so bittersweet though when we are picking knowing one of those picks is essentially Percy Harvin... :( I think they will take Manti Te'o if available as we need a MLB, but I hope one of the top corners drops and the WR run doesn't start until late so we have a good selection when we pick. But the needs are WR, CB, DT and LB. I'm torn on who I would want, but Trufant would be nice especially living out here in Seattle where he's from.

Although the QB class isn't supposed to be great this year, I think it's a perfect year to get one in the 2-4 round area as I think there are a bunch of decent QB's out there and you never know year from year the one that will surprise people. I'm willing to bet that a couple of the QB's beyond Geno Smith has a very nice career. I can't remember who said it, but a respected person said his prediction for the QB with the most potential in this draft is Oklahoma's Landry Jones.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Being a life long Raiders fan all I can say is .. meh, well we'll see how the first draft without Al goes, he used to be the draft genius then it all went down hill, JaMeatloaf killed us, DHB didn't pan out, Huff never really did anything, the Rolando the Pain Train certainly was a pain. Time to see what Reggie can do.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
JDog... you should be buying a Geno Smith jersey right now... an aging/fragile Mike Vick, you know Oregon's coach is foaming at the mouth over Geno. But the right thing to do is what you said above...
If the Eagles trade down, I can see them taking a Geno Smith or another QB. I just don't see it at #4. I'm changing subjects slightly but I think Vick is a good Fantasy Football late round pick as a back-up. If he comes close to duplicating his 2010 numbers, he would be a steal! I think Chip Kelly's offense will help Vick, although what's interesting is Oregon's historical run-pass ratio of 60/40... will the Eagles run it 60% of the time? I don't know... it will be interesting to watch though. I'm hoping it will be because I was getting tired of watching Andy Reid pass it all the time.

It looks like the Jets are going to trade Revis to the Bucs, pending a physical. They're going to get multiple picks. It should be an interesting draft for the Jets, although I'm not a fan. I just like following the Ryans being an Eagles fan.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
AlohaStyle... It did hurt to see Percy leave. I'm wondering if the Vikes will try to trade up.
I hope they don't trade up... no one really worth trading up for to give up what they would need to vs taking best players available at their picks. There's plenty of good players in the 1st round... I think the only way they would trade up is if they really want a CB and they are going off the board, but that would be a mistake IMO. There are a lot of WR's so no way they should move up for that.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
AlohaStyle... It did hurt to see Percy leave. I'm wondering if the Vikes will try to trade up.
Yea but we will make Harvin feel welcome. It'll be nice for Russell Wilson to have someone else to throw to besides Sid Rice. I thought the Vikings got a couple of draft picks out of the deal for Harvin. Maybe they will take WR Keenan Allen out of Cal for replacement.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I'm a Lions fan so basically draft day is our Super Bowl. It's about as good as it gets around here. Every year our draft is highly touted only to have these players be injured, be head cases or just be total and complete busts. However, they really can't lose as OTs like Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel, a CB like Dee Milliner, or DEs like Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Ezekial Ansah, or hell trade down and get Jarvis Jones. No matter what though, the draft class will recieve an oustanding grade only to be a total and complete disaster in one form or another. But it will get Lions fans hyped and will be calling in on the local radio sports station talking about a 10-6 or 11-5 season when in fact they will finish below .500 and won't make the playoffs.

But hey, there's always the 2014 draft! With a draft like the 2014 one they'll go 11-5 or 10-6 and win a playoff game right?

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
I can see the Vikings trading up to get Tavon Austin, WR (West Virginia). He's a stud and reminds me of all the things that Percy can do, minus missing games due to migraines.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Here's an interesting link for those talking about trading up or down in the NFL draft. It's a point system. For example, the Vikings have the 23rd (760 points) and 25th (720 points) pick in that round. They could trade those 2 picks and get as high as pick 7 (1,500 points):
http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

I did a google search for it after someone mentioned it on the NFL network, radio station.

I always like Mike Mayock's player analyses and he's originally from Philly (slight bias). Here is his top 100 rankings:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I can see the Vikings trading up to get Tavon Austin, WR (West Virginia). He's a stud and reminds me of all the things that Percy can do, minus missing games due to migraines.
You are right about Austin being a stud and could do what Percy did, but IMO, the Vikings would only take him if he fell to them. The Vikes drafted a slot receiver last year that did really well once Percy Harvin went down with injury last year. What they need is a taller WR that can be a true #1 or solid #2 behind Greg Jennings. If they think WR Cordarrelle Patterson is going to be a stud, I could see them moving up a few spots to take him because of his height and freakish athletic ability. The knock on him is that he's pretty raw, but I think he could be something special.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Sorry to say fellas, but the thing the Vikings need is a QB. Greg Jennings is the type of signing that amounts to nothing since he comes from a place with a top passing game and is now going to one of the worst passing games in the NFL. Harvin was the only thing that made it work at all there and Jennings is a completely different kind of player that has a skill set totally unlike Percy's. Without a good QB to throw to him I'm afraid he'll be a complete bust which is a shame because I love Jennings as a player.

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I think the Browns will go with a defensive player in this draft. I can see them going CB, NT, or some form of pass rusher to play along with Kruger. Not saying that we don't have a million other holes to fill I just hope they pick the most talented player that fits the team best. I am not sold on Weeden, but i think he is good enough for the next few years to be a bridge for a young developmental QB. Here is to hoping the draft at least takes away from the Pilot Flying J talk i have heard all week. As if the Browns didn't need another reason for the league to laugh at us.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry to say fellas, but the thing the Vikings need is a QB. Greg Jennings is the type of signing that amounts to nothing since he comes from a place with a top passing game and is now going to one of the worst passing games in the NFL. Harvin was the only thing that made it work at all there and Jennings is a completely different kind of player that has a skill set totally unlike Percy's. Without a good QB to throw to him I'm afraid he'll be a complete bust which is a shame because I love Jennings as a player.
I think that with another year under his belt Ponder will improve again this year and when you add the fact that the Vikes have Peterson to help take the pressure off of the passing game Jennings will be a great asset!!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My Steelers have so many needs I am not sure there are enough guys in the draft to fill them.
bet the ravens feel the same way. should be interesting in the division this year.
Absolutely. A tight division will get a little tighter for sure. The Bengals signed James Harrison, so that should be a couple interesting games. Now if the Browns new owner can stay out of prison they should get steadily better too.