What's new

NFL season thread.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Who do you guys have this weekend? My picks are Denver, Packers, Seahags, and the Patriots.
I'd second those picks, but the hawks/niners game should be very close again, can't say I'd be unhappy to see either go forward. I can't wait for another Brady/Manning matchup next week, really hope this happens!!!
The Packers play the 49ers, the Hawks play Atlanta.

And I also agree with those picks... I think Seattle is playing so well on both sides of the ball and they have the secondary to match up with Atlanta's WR's. Tony Gonzalez will be the key for Atlanta if they can get him going.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I like:

Denver -9.5
Green Bay +3
Seattle +2.5
Houston +9.5

The only one I'm really confident in is GB. I just think Rodgers will take it over & Kaepernick is too inexperienced to get it done in his first ever playoff game.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I like:

Denver -9.5
Green Bay +3
Seattle +2.5
Houston +9.5

The only one I'm really confident in is GB. I just think Rodgers will take it over & Kaepernick is too inexperienced to get it done in his first ever playoff game.
I think this thread is talking about winning the actual game, not the books. So I'm assuming you aren't confident in the Pats covering the spread, but you do believe they will win right?

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I like:

Denver -9.5
Green Bay +3
Seattle +2.5
Houston +9.5

I think this thread is talking about winning the actual game, not the books. So I'm assuming you aren't confident in the Pats covering the spread, but you do believe they will win right?
Yep. I think NE wins....not sure about them covering 9.5 though. I realize NE beat HOU down in that Monday Night game earlier, but I gotta think HOU remembers it clearly too & at least keeps it close this time. Seattle is a team that nobody wants to play, IMO & I think you're spot on about their secondary/corners versus ATL's WR's (Gonzalez is without a doubt the key to me - along with how well Turner runs the ball). Should be some good games.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Wow. What a game. Edge of my seat for the whole thing. This will probably be the longest 2 weeks if my life. Hahahaha.