What's new

NHL transaction limit

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Who's following the news today for NHL's transactions?

In Montreal they reserved special spot in the news Radio for any upcoming news.

So far nothing to report.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
NHL trade deadline is much much different post 2012's lock out. There is so much more of an emphasis on retaining RFA's then there is in going out and getting UFA's (rental players and on the July 1st free agency market). I think this is why we are seeing the price for higher end talent drop and why GM's are now keeping these assets instead of feeling like they have to trade them.

Combine that with the fact the GM's have gotten smarter and now troll for the big names 1/2 weeks before the deadline. I think we see 3/4 big names get traded today, with the rest being minor league/low end deals so teams can work the cap number and max contract number (which is 50). All that being said, I think Edmonton pulls off a blockbuster today.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Even fewer "big" deals than I thought. Some GM's are going to be on the hot seat after not trading a few of the UFA's out there.

On a funny note, my best friend got traded for "future consideration". I messaged him saying that he just got traded for water bottles and pucks. HAHAHA

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Even fewer "big" deals than I thought. Some GM's are going to be on the hot seat after not trading a few of the UFA's out there.

On a funny note, my best friend got traded for "future consideration". I messaged him saying that he just got traded for water bottles and pucks. HAHAHA
Only one that I'm sick of hearing about here since I'm a NY'er and NOT a Rags I mean Rangers fan is Eric Staal coming to play with his brother. It's seriously like they won the cup the way they're parading themselves about a trade. I think he's just on loan since I think he's a UFA come end of the season....

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk