What's new

Nicaraguan or Dominican tobacco

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which one do you prefer? Started out smoking Dominicans and really liked em. Had a few Nicaraguans early on and didn't care for them. Then I picked up a Tatuaje Havana VI and loved it. Since then been smoking almost all Nicaraguans. What do you prefer?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Great cigars from both of these countries, really like the Illusiones from Nicaragua, but if I have to choose between those two countries, I prefer Dominicans.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I used to prefer Dominican when I first started smoking and preferred a more mild cigar. Now my tastes have me leaning towards a more full flavor and I have found myself gravitating to Nicaraguan sticks. Still enjoy them both though.

Edit: I know that there are full flavor Dominicans and lighter flavored Nicaraguans, but generally speaking the Dominicans tend to be lighter than I prefer

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
So how do you determine the country of origin? Where the cigar was rolled, or where the leaves were grown?

... just playing devils advocate. :ccool:

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The factory where it was rolled only matters to me in terms of my familiarity with the brand. I don't care if Padron rolls their cigars in Nicaragua, Honduras or New Jersey, as long as those 1926es taste the way they do from that Nicaraguan leaf!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
So can we add Brazil, Ecuador, Penna, Conn, Honduras, and Mexico to the list?

Love me some Mata Fina and some San Andres

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I like Honduran tobacco and Cuban tobacco

but every country has many great smokes