What's new

Nice bands

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a local BOTL that's moving away. I have rolled up a wheel of cigars as a gift and I'd like to do something a bit nicer as to the bands than my usual 2 boxes on a strip cut out of copy paper. I'm looking for small quantities and I'm willing to spend a couple bucks. Any ideas?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can design a band in Excel. I can print a band using my cheesy little ink jet printer. However, the result ends up looking like something someone made on their cheesy inkjet printer. Was looking for a resource that can receive my design, print and cut on professional tools and return to me a small quantity of presentation quality bands. The little I do know about the printing industry leads me to believe it usually takes couple thousand sheets of waste to get the presses up to speed and reliably reproduction a quality product, therefore beyond the reach of us hobby rollers. Is there something between Oscar homeroller and his inkjet printer, and a professional band printing service?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
This might be way out there, but I've done it before. I used to do advertising work, and had a really good relationship with a local print company. They had a pretty big offset operation, and did a lot of jobs that involved die cutting and binding. So I had given them a file that would be a "piggy-back" meaning that when they had a job that would have extra room in the sheet, they could add my art to the die. It literally added no cost to the job, and I'd put a little extra cash in my homeboy's pocket for the hookup.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can design a band in Excel. I can print a band using my cheesy little ink jet printer. However, the result ends up looking like something someone made on their cheesy inkjet printer. Was looking for a resource that can receive my design, print and cut on professional tools and return to me a small quantity of presentation quality bands. The little I do know about the printing industry leads me to believe it usually takes couple thousand sheets of waste to get the presses up to speed and reliably reproduction a quality product, therefore beyond the reach of us hobby rollers. Is there something between Oscar homeroller and his inkjet printer, and a professional band printing service?
Format the band to a sheet of 12 or so, how ever many bands your able to fit on a sheet of paper, put it on a thumb drive and give it to kinkos and have them print some on the laser printer. you'll have to cut them out but it's cheap enough.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The online label site has several shapes. Also when you purchase a pack of labels you get the template that goes with it. Makes the whole process pretty simple.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I looked at this site and it described the labels as " self adhesive" does that mean the band is stuck to the wrapper and can't be removed to nub the cigar?
That is a good question. nobody wants to answer there phone so I'll let someone else try an online response.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I looked at this site and it described the labels as " self adhesive" does that mean the band is stuck to the wrapper and can't be removed to nub the cigar?
self adhesive = stickers. My wife ordered me some bands from labelsonthefly.com with that same description as a present last year. They were stickers.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It sounds like one could remove just the part needed to keep it from sticking to the wrapper?
they were unusable for me and the wife felt bad as they were a present. I'll find them and upload a picture when I get home later, but they are just like a sheet of stickers with the waxy paper backing. You would have to cut each one out and leave the backing on.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The ones on online labels say the adhesive is only on the end so as not to stick to the wrapper and they are already die cut, have not tried them, just reading what the site says.