What's new

Nice Dinner

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dad had a rough week. Experiemental surgery to combat the cancerous tumor that's begun to grow again in his brain. Most of the family had things to do tonight so my wife and I took the opportunity to cook them a nice dinner. Started with some wine, cheese and crackers. Then lobster bisque, more wine and a chicken florentine dish in a parmesan cheese sauce. Ended up being a very nice, memorable, night.

Back home now, lisetning to the Doves, smoking on a 2002 Quintero Nacionales. Don't know why I grabbed this stick. Probably the least desirable cigars in my humi. Gotta say though, it's smoking really well. Much better than I remember any of the others tasting.

It was a good night.....

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
hard to beat those excellent moments and memories... good on you for taking the effort to cook up what sounds like a delicious meal!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Prayers your way...difficult situation, man.

That dinner sounds great! It's nice when a dinner is more about the family, memories, and camaraderie rather than the brand names and dollars spent.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
You and your family are in my prayers...

My brother battled Multiple Myeloma for over 6 years. When he could stomach it, between chemotherapy treatments, he asked that I cook for him. It brought him back to when we were young, growing up as "latch-key kids", when I would cook for the family. I was so glad that my cooking could provide joy in an unenjoyable personal process.

I am so glad to hear that you provided your father with a great family meal. Most of the time it's more about the ambiance and the company that make a meals great. My hope is you have more great family meals as he continues on his journey to recovery.

BTW... Lobster Bisque! Awesome!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I will continue to pray for your dad Tony. Best wishes bro.
Thanks Eric! We sure can use them right now.

Prayers your way...difficult situation, man.

That dinner sounds great! It's nice when a dinner is more about the family, memories, and camaraderie rather than the brand names and dollars spent.
Difficult indeed. I truly appreciate the prayers brother.

You and your family are in my prayers...

My brother battled Multiple Myeloma for over 6 years. When he could stomach it, between chemotherapy treatments, he asked that I cook for him. It brought him back to when we were young, growing up as "latch-key kids", when I would cook for the family. I was so glad that my cooking could provide joy in an unenjoyable personal process.

I am so glad to hear that you provided your father with a great family meal. Most of the time it's more about the ambiance and the company that make a meals great. My hope is you have more great family meals as he continues on his journey to recovery.

BTW... Lobster Bisque! Awesome!
Thanks for sharing your story. You're exactly right, it was the company that made the meal great.