What's new

Nick R Agua - Drew Estate

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Gentlemen -

I just want to extend my best regards to all the brothers of the leaf. I find myself very busy these days and don't get much time to spend on this great forum. I am very pleased to know many have been enjoying the BOTL cigars made at the Drew Estate factory. There is an amazing team here in Esteli that strives day in and day out to provide the most consistent and highest quality cigars possible. I hope to be visiting the BOTL site more often over the next year and join in on some of the conversations.

Saludos de Esteli !

Nicholas Melillo

aka Nick R. Agua
aka Chief of the Broadleafs :)

NicaNick

Nick~R~Agua
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that don't know me - I am currently the EVP of International Operations for Drew Estate. I began working for DE Nicaragua in March of 2003. I have been involved in all aspects of Drew Estate Nicaragua with my primary focus on tobacco purchasing/fermentation , blending, production and shipment planning, overall management of the factory. I first met Jonathan in 1996 while I was helping to run the Calabash Shoppee in Hamden, CT. JD and I kept in touch from 1996 until 2003 at which point I was in Japan getting ready to head back to the States after traveling around the word for a year. JD hired me in March of 2003 and over the past 10 1/2 years I have spent the majority of my time living and breathing black tobacco in Esteli, Nicaragua. I am honored to work with an amazing Nicaraguan team who are dedicated to premium hand made cigars. If it was not for the great people of Nicaragua I would have never made it this far. Hermanos de la hoja !

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Welcome to BOTL Nick, glad to have you here. Met you on a BOTL trip in 2010 and appreciated your time showing our group around and I respect the passion that you, JD and the crew have for tobacco, cigars and the employees of DE.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome to the brotherhood! Many guys here enjoy the smokes you all push out to us! Keep it up! :waving:

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Welcome Nick. Good to see you again, we met a couple times in Estelli. Maybe you should tell your story about the horse...

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Welcome Nick and I look forward to you conversations in the future. We are glad to have you join us and that you have things running so well in Nicaragua. Enjoy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick,

I would love to know how you got into your current role, I am always fascinated with how people find there way in to a position like yours? Also, are you any relation to George Melillo, the great pharmaceutical sales guru?

MDS