What's new

No date code... any way to tell from the barcode?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I received a box of 15 HdM Epicure 2 recently, and there's no box code anywhere on the cardboard, either the outer box, or the individual 3-packs.

Is there a way to tell from the barcode?

Here's the info the barcode returns at the verification site:
The product is original from Habanos S.A.
HSA: 10.8078.12.0760

Descripcion: HOYO DE MONTERREY EPICURE No.2 D-C-C/P-3-n-15
Any ideas?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Usually the date code is on the lid on the inside of the box. I’ve never seen 3 or 5 packs individually stamped. Take a pic of the bar code I might be able to help.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah it should have been under the flap of the main carton holding all the 3 packs.
Cardboard Pack of 3 cigars in aluminium tubes (released c2010).
Cardboard Pack of 3 cigars (released c2003).

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
@StogieNinja This may be stating the obvious, but serial #s go up as time passes. All 2014 boxes are early 0002XXXXXXXX and 2015 boxes are late 0002XXXXXXXX. The time frame of your serial is most likely somewhere between July and September of 17. August is a really good bet. Unless theres a number thats reaaaaaally close to your serial I couldn't guess at the factory code. In 2017 I know I've seen UTL (?), EOS (?), ATE (I've seen some crap from this code), SEA (produced a run of monte especial no 1 and Upmann Sir Winnie, so they must at least be decent there) SRO (producing some decent looking stuff) all produce HdM Epi 2 15 cts. Good luck on the box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! 4 years have passed since you posted this. I hope you found the answer to your question in the meantime, but just in case you didn't, I wanted to let you know that I think the barcode you have could be a way to identify the product. The product description I found online matches what you have, and the HSA number is also a match. So, I think it's safe to say that what you have is the real deal. I know it can be hard to tell when it comes to these kinds of things, but I'm confident that you have what you need. If you are ever in doubt again, use a scanner from smartengines.com/. This way you will know what any of the QR codes says. Hope this helps!

Last edited: