What's new

Noob Question of the Day

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I smoked a cigar last night, CAO Gold to be exact, and I felt kind of nauseous afterwards.... any ideas?
I've heard if you do it on an empty stomach it can mess with you, any truths to this. I had not eaten much that day.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yep. Eat something and make sure to drink some water and also sugar can help... drink some coke etc.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I went to the fridge and grabbed some milk and a few nibbles of leftovers and felt a bit better afterwards, just wanted to see if that is what had caused it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
That's one of the reasons I like having a cigar after a good meal - no empty stomach. Or enjoy a glass of bourbon or rum with the cigar - the sugars in the alcohol help lessen that effect for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I smoked a cigar last night, CAO Gold to be exact, and I felt kind of nauseous afterwards.... any ideas?
I've heard if you do it on an empty stomach it can mess with you, any truths to this. I had not eaten much that day.
Empty stomach, but also, smoking past the point when your mind feels like it should stop is a bad thing too. A lot of times I'll have a cigar that's pretty long and I'll have a half hour left but I don't really feel for it, but so I don't waste it I try to force myself to go through with it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i smoked my first opus i got really nauseated but then i ate some food. now i know that if i'm gunna smoke a full bodied stick i need to eat beforehand

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As others have already said, don't smoke on an empty stomach. With that said, for the first 3 or 4 years of this hobby, the strongest cigars never got me sick, nor even a buzz. I could smoke full body cigars first thing in the morning before breakfast without any ill effects. About a year ago, my favorite full body cigars started to make me nauseated even after a full meal. I'd have to toss them half way through. It got to the point where I had to switch to light to medium light smokes. About 6 months ago, I started taking a quality, raw, whole food vitamin, and now I'm back to my full body cigars, and before breakfast smokes. Something to think about.