What's new

Noob ?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just what it says. Not diluted to the standard 40-45% (80-90 proof) abv. Normally it's just a higher proof then their lower strength bottling between 95 and 110 proof I believe

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Are you asking about "Cask Strength" cigars?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Yes sir. I had one today that the wrapper said Cask Strength. I was expecting it to be a yardgar but it was actually pretty good. Sorry still new to this.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Yes sir. I had one today that the wrapper said Cask Strength. I was expecting it to be a yardgar but it was actually pretty good. Sorry still new to this.
No apologies needed, man! We were all "there" once.

In truth, I have 0 idea what makes a cigar "cask strength". Being a sceptical person, I always thought it meant "marketing gimick" but if I'd willingly accept it if someone with more knowledge enlightened us.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
If it was the 5 Vegas they where just referring to the bourbon meaning. Stronger then your normal cigar. Most cigars will use the term Fuerte
It was indeed the 5 Vegas. Thanks @Nacho Daddy!!! I really enjoyed this after the day I’ve had!!!

And thanks @Boudie thats good to know! Still developing a pallet & learning all of this.
D58DABDB-C531-47CC-8A47-8D2EC2607E37.jpeg

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I do not bomb "Yard Gars".....

depending on age,Cask strength can be 135 proof.
it is the natural proof at the time of bottling, undiluted .Varies with the age of the cask.
on average,spirits go into the cask at 165 to 170 proof,considered the ideal starting place for aging .
The proof diminishes yearly with age.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I do not bomb "Yard Gars".....

depending on age,Cask strength can be 135 proof.
it is the natural proof at the time of bottling, undiluted .Varies with the age of the cask.
on average,spirits go into the cask at 165 to 170 proof,considered the ideal starting place for aging .
The proof diminishes yearly with age.
Damn right you don’t!!! That one was delicious!!! Just had never heard much about the 5 Vegas brand. I’ll definitely be picking some of these up & trying some others from that line. Thanks for introducing me to them!!!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Series A and Triple A are worthy smokes along w/ the Cask Strength.(y)
there are others...............:stop:

a recent "concept" in cigar making has been to age tobacco in an old whisk(e)y barrel or cask.
perhaps the cask imparts some virtue to the tobacco.:sleep:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Series A and Triple A are worthy smokes along w/ the Cask Strength.(y)
there are others...............:stop:

a recent "concept" in cigar making has been to age tobacco in an old whisk(e)y barrel or cask.
perhaps the cask imparts some virtue to the tobacco.:sleep:
I second this advice. Damn. Now I need to get me somemore AAA lances

You can find 5 Vegas pretty cheap on cbid
Yeah, they’re pretty good aren’t they
Hush yo mouth.