What's new

Not feeling the Burn

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I've been having major burn issues with a lot of my CC over the last 6 months. Today for example, I tried to smoke a RASS from the FOH Christmas Sampler and it just kept going out. I'd get maybe two puffs in and out. The wrapper always goes out first shortly followed by the filler. I've noticed the trend across different brands, sizes, etc. I've had with 16-17 box codes over the last six months or so. Really frustrating. Smoked a '14 RyJ Churchill over the weekend with no issue at all. All my NC cigars are smoking with no issues at all. Just CC from 2016 ish. Anyone experience something similar?

To rule out the basics:
* All cigars have been resting at least six months (most over a year with the exception of the Christmas Sampler).
* Humidor is computer controlled and set at 60* RH / 71*f
* RH outside when I'm smoking is 40-50%

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I was all set to tell you that your humidity was too high, and then I kept reading and saw it was 60.

I haven't had a lot of issues with '16 wrappers @boltman , but I usually try and get light wrappers, so maybe that's the difference?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I was all set to tell you that your humidity was too high, and then I kept reading and saw it was 60.

I haven't had a lot of issues with '16 wrappers @boltman , but I usually try and get light wrappers, so maybe that's the difference?
I like, and try to get light wrappers too. But I got a few 2016 boxes that were a bit disappointing

PamunkeyHub

Jayson
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
@PamunkeyHub you are not the first to notice and report that the wrappers used during 2016 are fireproof. I have had burn issues with 2016 CC’s in particular the darker wrappers. I would just chalk it up to poor wrappers and not other issues.
Thanks for the reply. I haven't paid much attention to wrapper color, but the RASS I tired to smoke last week was on the darker side.

Possibly. But I have a box of '16 CSIV with light wrappers and they haven't been burning well either. Some have been so undefiled, they were unsmokeable... but that's another issue :)

Unrelated, but I smoked a cigar fed Mexican hot chocolate the other day that I must've had to relight 30 times. Absolutely fireproof. Wrapper was made of asbestos.
Asbestos... don't give Habanos any ideas, bro!

3 boxes of '16s -- PLPCs, Trinidad Reyes, and RA Superiores -- and have had no issues.
None of those are in my rotation. Glad to hear you haven't had any issues though.

Try dryboxing for a day or 2 before smoking.
I try it with a couple of the 'known offenders'.

Not a single issue on my end
You've been lucky!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
The only fireproof Habanos I've encountered since going down that slope almost a year ago, were some mag 46 from Feb 18. Several 2016 boxes have all been fine though