What's new

Not Good...FDA ruling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They went with Option 1. Not going to be good. Bet the boutique cigars get bought up quickly.

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm499234.htm
I find this part very hard to believe:

"In 2015, 3 million middle and high school students were current e-cigarette users, and data showed high school boys smoked cigars at about the same rate as cigarettes."

Perhaps this is a trend elsewhere but I have never seen any school aged children in this area smoking cigars. Aside from Swisher Sweets from the gas station, there is only one cigar shop around me and that's in the next town. It can be a hassle for me to fit a trip to there into my schedule and I know they aren't selling to children. This smells like they stacked the voting pool in their favor before taking this survey.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

"In 2015, 3 million middle and high school students were current e-cigarette users, and data showed high school boys smoked cigars at about the same rate as cigarettes."

Perhaps this is a trend elsewhere but I have never seen any school aged children in this area smoking cigars. Aside from Swisher Sweets from the gas station, there is only one cigar shop around me and that's in the next town. It can be a hassle for me to fit a trip to there into my schedule and I know they aren't selling to children. This smells like they stacked the voting pool in their favor before taking this survey.
Agreed. High schoolers buy cigars? Yes, to fill with pot. High schoolers buy premium cigars? No way.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0

they do because they use dutchies to roll blunts

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This will be just like the ammo/magazine runs in 2012-2014. Expect stuff to start flying off shelves, possible price gouging and say 90 days before the two year period is up, anything left thats post 2007 will get ditched at rock bottom...or just kept for private use by the store owner

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

This is wildly inaccurate. No possible way 3 million high school boys use cigars. A recent census estimated around 17 million total kids in high school. Figure half are boys, that's 8.5 million. 3 million of them, 35%, use cigars? Ya right. From my experience, it was more like 5% at most and that was only for blunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.