What's new

Nothing beats a Padron

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Never had a bad one... Not ever.

My local finally got another round of 85 maduros in today - I heard the box hit the shelf at noon and I picked up the last one at about 4:30.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Never had a bad one... Not ever.

My local finally got another round of 85 maduros in today - I heard the box hit the shelf at noon and I picked up the last one at about 4:30.
Wow. I've had one and it was phenomenal. A much fuller smoke than the normal 64 or 26.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've heard that these are what all others are judged by but it's going to be mighty hard to throw a twenty and a ten on the counter for them. One day.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I've heard that these are what all others are judged by but it's going to be mighty hard to throw a twenty and a ten on the counter for them. One day.
The Padron pictured in the OP is only around $12 a stick, the only $30 Padron I know about are the 80th with the 40,44,45,46 a little cheaper. The 85th Maduro is $20 and regular stock at my local The Padron traditionals are around $6-$7 and pretty good sticks too.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Even the regular line is a fantastic smoke and should be around $6-7.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love the consistency of Padrons. Year to year, cigar to cigar, they're all so consistent with the blend, construction, etc. If you've smoked a Padron x000 before, you know exactly what you're getting the next time you smoke one. Same with the 1964s, and I'm assuming the 26s and 85ths.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
the Padron x000s are some of my favorite sticks. As TG said, you can always count on getting a good consistant smoke anywhere you buy one

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
One of the most over rated sticks I've ever had was a Padron 80th Maduro. Just didn't do anything for me. Natural was better, but no where near worth the price (not too many are when youre talking $30/stick though I guess). Perhaps it's the vitola, as I used to love the 45th Maddies. Again for those prices though, a lot of others I'd rather have 2-3 sticks of vs 1 Padron.

But I do agree, they cannot be faulted for consistency. Don't think there's a better brand in that regard, regardless of tobacco origin. I'd say Fuente, but I've had at least a few tightly rolled Opus that were difficult to draw on and/or keep lit.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The 85th was good, but I couldn't ever see paying for it (I was given one). I just don't see spending more than $20 on a cigar.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
One of the most over rated sticks I've ever had was a Padron 80th Maduro. Just didn't do anything for me. Natural was better, but no where near worth the price (not too many are when youre talking $30/stick though I guess). Perhaps it's the vitola, as I used to love the 45th Maddies. Again for those prices though, a lot of others I'd rather have 2-3 sticks of vs 1 Padron.

But I do agree, they cannot be faulted for consistency. Don't think there's a better brand in that regard, regardless of tobacco origin. I'd say Fuente, but I've had at least a few tightly rolled Opus that were difficult to draw on and/or keep lit.
I have to agree on the 1926 80th. I've had two of these now, and they just aren't worth $30 in my opinion, but there aren't many sticks I would say are "worth" $30 ROTT.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a few Padrons, and never found one that I would fork over my own money for, and that goes for even their lower end stuff.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There are always 26, 64 and k-series padrons in my cabinet... always.

It's hard to say "best" about any cigar, but imho there are none better than Padron in terms of consistent combustion performance and flavor that suits my preferences.

I don't mind spending extra cash for a great cigar, but price has prevented me from trying any of the family reserve cigars. There's always something else on my "haven't-tried-yet" wish list that gets bumped ahead in the queue because I can smoke many of them for the price of a FR.