What's new

Nothing beats a Padron

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopping smoking them when I started seeing all the DB's at the Golf Course with 26's stuck in there visors as they were getting ready to play a round. Figured I had to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Went 4 months NO PADRONS I told myself until the day I could go into Newport Beach and NOT see a guy on his wanna be Harley burning a Padron while checking out the 16 year old's at the pier I would not have one. Then I got a 5pk of 64 Family Reserve's for my birthday. Oh the sweet siren song called me....but I had made a promise to myself. Oh the quandary...

Long story short, I gave up Golf and Newport Beach and replaced them with....

64 Family Reserve's
26 #9's
26 #45's

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
...you know exactly what you're getting the next time you smoke one.
What have you been smoking that makde you think others are not?

I personally don't get the hype. They taste like ash to me. I think I found the panatela or londres to be ok.

$30 for a Padron? You can get 2 '98 Monte Especiales for that.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

I personally don't get the hype. They taste like ash to me. I think I found the panatela or londres to be ok.

Edit: grammar
They say once you go Cuban, you don't go back.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cuban to me, is a style and a state of mind - as hogwash as it sounds. Once you realize that the cigars you are generally smoking in NA are specifically "geared" for the NA market, and that not all cigars out there are like that, a whole world awaits you - it's just that Cubans have cornered/dominated the market for cigars geared for complexity over strength.

Go try some Indonesian puros. Peruvian. Ecuadorian. Brazilian. There are unreal cigars out there, imo, but most likely not to your liking. Which is ok, smoke what you like. That's why there are like a gazillion cigar companies.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

If I'm comparing Cubans to Padrons in terms of consistency, Padron wins by a frustrating landslide. Others claim I have bad luck with CCs, maybe, but I find Padron to be extremely consistent, whereas CCs aren't even consistent within the same box!

That said, I love CCs. But when looking at their price tags, I do have to consider whether they are better than my favorite NCs (like Padrons). A CoRo vs a Padron '26 #9 is a no-brained for many, but in different directions.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
My first super premium cigar was a Padron 80th gifted to me by twenty5. It was the best cigar I ever had and really was what started my slippery slope down the line of better cigars.
I will say this....All Padrons are exceptionally made without flaws however I cannot say they are the top dog. I will say that they rank up there with the quality smokes you get from other great manufacturers. I'd have to say...for me...Padron, Tatuaje, Liga Pravada, and DPG blends are always consistent and great smokes.
As far as the 85th...fantastic smoke in my book.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I don't smoke too many Padron sticks, because they just don't fit in my budget. That said, the ones I have smoked I have enjoyed immensely, and extremely consistent regarding construction and flavor. Of course, with the price tag I would expect nothing less. Might need to look into a box of x000's again. The only box of Padron I can afford, and quite a good smoke for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardons no doubt are good, but the prices are to high for, my blood. I find a Liga better, plus if you factor in the price it is a much better buy. But then again Ligas are harder to find then Pardons. As far as the thousand series cigars, once again for the price point I would rather grab a Casa Fernandez Arsenio. But to each their own, thats what it is all about anyway.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
just had this discussion with the local owner of the b&m. Padron has the most consistently amazing product...but boy do you pay for it.

almost picked up an 80 today...but it's hard to justify 30 something a stick

Damoba

Dan, Dan the Cigar Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't yet tried the higher price point Padrons. I had a 3000 and it was awesome. Most people only talk about the smokes over and above the thousand series. I will be purchasing a box of 3000's soon for the price range it's great. Two cents dropped

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I haven't yet tried the higher price point Padrons. I had a 3000 and it was awesome. Most people only talk about the smokes over and above the thousand series. I will be purchasing a box of 3000's soon for the price range it's great. Two cents dropped
The x000 series is great. One of the best bang for your buck sticks out there.

Dan

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Agreed. Paid $4/stick for a box of 3000. Best purchase to-date.

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Londres Maduro and Natural are about as good as any Padron I've had, and they are $2.50 per by the box. Kinda ugly, but all Padrons are a little rustic looking imo. The last two boxes I got were super fresh. Only about a month old and still moist. They were awesome in that condition. Now they are a several months old and are not sick, but are not as amazing as they were, so now they will sit for a few years.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The super premiums are good. For my taste, they are too smooth and the price is not worth the experience.

Best bang for the buck? Buy a box of 3000's and let them sit for a hear. You will smoke one of those and say "Damn, that is a good cigar".

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The thing I like about the Padron is the consistency. I've had several of their line from the expensive to the cheap and within the price point the flavors are always dependably good.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've never had a bad experience with Padron cigars. I can't say that for any other brand - and I've smoked all the major and many minor brands. You may not care for the flavor or find the price on the higher end models to be far in excess of your comfort range, but I think most would agree that you always know what you're getting when you pickup a Padron to smoke.