What's new

Nothing beats a Padron

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Buy some "standard" Padrons and let them sit for a couple of years (if you have the space/patience). The aged regulars are not quite as good as the "specials" but they are close....if properly cared for. And they are 6 to 8 bucks each. The only reason I mention this is that I have 10 Padron 3000s left from a box I bought in 2008, and they are as good as the fresh 85th's I've had recently. Just a suggestion...no thread crap intended here :)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Londres Maduro and Natural are about as good as any Padron I've had, and they are $2.50 per by the box. Kinda ugly, but all Padrons are a little rustic looking imo. The last two boxes I got were super fresh. Only about a month old and still moist. They were awesome in that condition. Now they are a several months old and are not sick, but are not as amazing as they were, so now they will sit for a few years.
I had that experience with my very first Padron, a Londres Natural. It was so incredible that I bought a box. But the first two I smoked were pale shadows of that first one. I laid those puppies down to sleep ... Just over 3 years ago.

They are now the best "value" or "cheap" cigars I've ever had.

I also agree that an aged x000 series is a lot like a '64 Anni ... but without the pepper! For me the extra pepper is what I like about the '64s, though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The amazing thing about Padrons is they have a cigar that stands out in every price range. My favorite quick smoke is the Delicias maduro which can be had incredibly cheap. You can take down a sweet chocolate bar with only 30 minutes to spare.

On the opposite end of the spectrum the 44th natural is just...wow.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally bit the bullet and bought a 1964 for my birthday. About an inch in so far and if these things are as good as they claim, it better hurry up. Knew I shoulda bought an Ashton! LOL!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What ashton would you want? I love the VSG......but man a 64 maddie.....is my first stick that blew me away....

Finally bit the bullet and bought a 1964 for my birthday. About an inch in so far and if these things are as good as they claim, it better hurry up. Knew I shoulda bought an Ashton! LOL!