What's new

now this is just plain, uh, weird.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
Outrage as Egypt plans 'farewell intercourse law' so husbands can have sex with DEAD wives up to six hours after their death
By LEE MORAN

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives - for up to six hours after their death.
The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.
It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women's rights of getting education and employment.

Controversial: The 'farewell intercourse' law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament
Egypt's National Council for Women is campaigning against the changes, saying that 'marginalising and undermining the status of women would negatively affect the country's human development'.
Dr Mervat al-Talawi, head of the NCW, wrote to the Egyptian People’s Assembly Speaker Dr Saad al-Katatni addressing her concerns.
Egyptian journalist Amro Abdul Samea reported in the al-Ahram newspaper that Talawi complained about the legislations which are being introduced under 'alleged religious interpretations'.

The subject of a husband having sex with his dead wife arose in May 2011 when Moroccan cleric Zamzami Abdul Bari said marriage remains valid even after death.
He also said that women have the right to have sex with her dead husband, alarabiya.net reported.
It seems the topic, which has sparked outrage, has now been picked up on by Egypt's politicians.
TV anchor Jaber al-Qarmouty slammed the notion of letting a husband have sex with his wife after her death under the so-called 'Farewell Intercourse' draft law.
He said: 'This is very serious. Could the panel that will draft the Egyptian constitution possibly discuss such issues? Did Abdul Samea see by his own eyes the text of the message sent by Talawi to Katatni?
'This is unbelievable. It is a catastrophe to give the husband such a right! Has the Islamic trend reached that far? Is there really a draft law in this regard? Are there people thinking in this manner?'
Read more:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html#ixzz1tBZn0LM6

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Being in EMS, I have seen bodies that have been dead for six hours and let me tell you - I can't see how a human being would ever want to have sex with a body that has been down that long.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This is symptomatic of the radical views of the Islamists coming to power in Egypt. I still don't fully understand our support for ousting Mubarak the way it went down... with nobody, in place, we could really get behind who would promote a freedom agenda... and the only existing organized politics dominated by radicalism (a la Islamic Brotherhood). Sigh. This issue is small and will fade into the background... but our long term political problems are just beginning in Egypt...

^^^this^^^

and......I'm sure a few husbands won't know the difference.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
There is nothing Islamic about this. Please don't think there is.
Regarding the ridding of the right to education, this is also not an Islamic rule. Islam encourages everyone, including all women, to be as highly educated as they wish to be.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
There is nothing Islamic about this. Please don't think there is.

I agree with Hasan....Not a Muslim thing

My take is that Egypt just has a stong necrophilia lobby. Maybe there's some sort of tradition that goes all the way back to that mummy thing.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
When somebody you love dies you feel sad, depressed, and mournful. I'm not sure how horny fits into any of those categories.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
SICK FUCKING PEOPLE!!! I love how they slip in there and the woman could have sex with the man when he's dead, as if he has a fucking hard on. What a bunch of patriarchal weird fucks!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The argument of "Is this Islam or not" is a difficult one.

Let me illustrate. In college I studied Islam and Buddism. Now, we leaned than Buddists do not "pray" nor do they beleive in God they seek enlightenment through inner spirituality, etc. They don't beleive in heaven, but in Nirvana. Now let me tell you, THAT IS WRONG! What we were tought as "Buddism" is actually Zen, which is a relatively small sect within Buddism. Nearly all the Buddists here in Japan pray to Budda, along with other gods. They also believe in an afterlife. Now my college prof would probably say "they're not true Buddists," but they'd disagree.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
If anyone thinks this is Islam you have a few screws missing!

It does not really matter if you are a Muslim, Christian or a Buddhist.......the message is pretty clear in all religions..... Be a good Pearson, and treat others good!!