What's new

now this is just plain, uh, weird.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Last night Jay Leno commented....."this gives a whole new meaning to the expression "laid to rest""

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Nobody said that at all, guys.

We were talking about Islamism... not Islam. This very much is a sypmtom of Islamism (or Islamic Extremism... or Radical Islam... or Islamofascism... or whatever the term du jour is).

I think it's pretty well understood that Islam does not direct these sorts of things (at least no more than Christianity advocates Crusades).
Yes I think this here is the key. There will be sects within each religion that distort it and take their own view on things that the majority won't agree with. Pretty sure it exists within Christianity as well. I think the best way to deal with this is for the Muslims that don't agree with this to express their outrage. The same with all extremist activities. If those closest in belief don't stand up against it the world will be they all agree.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I think this here is the key. There will be sects within each religion that distort it and take their own view on things that the majority won't agree with. Pretty sure it exists within Christianity as well. I think the best way to deal with this is for the Muslims that don't agree with this to express their outrage. The same with all extremist activities. If those closest in belief don't stand up against it the world will be they all agree.

Absolutely... Westboro Baptist Church is a great example of extremely distorted Christianity. We all know that the majority of Christians don't condone their beliefs, but there's always a few weirdos who'll make their religion look bad.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
and while i totally agree that this is undoubtedly a small section of the followers of islam, unfortunately they are the ones that are taking charge of an entire country!!!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I agree with Hasan....Not a Muslim thing

My take is that Egypt just has a stong necrophilia lobby. Maybe there's some sort of tradition that goes all the way back to that mummy thing.
BS! Ancient Egyptians didn't practice Necrophilia to my knowledge.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I feel for the Christian minority in Egypt, they were persecuted when Mubarak was in power. Lord knows what will happen with these extremists in power.

Also, this has nothing to do with ancient Egypt.