What's new

Nub from Alabama

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that kind of Alabama. Trust me, we have a more diverse crew down here than we get credit for.

I’m just getting into cigars. As I’m sure many have before I’d smoked a few over the years but had never fully understood their depth or variety. Decided to smoke a good cigar for my very first Father’s Day a few weeks ago. Asked my local B and M for a mild, medium, and full bodied cigar. Smoked an Ashton Cabinet (meh. Didn’t think much of it), Eiroa 20 series Colorado (thought this one was great), and a Padron 1964 family reserve (also excellent).

Since then I’ve discovered a taste for medium to full bodied cigars with my all time favorite of the 16 I’ve smoked since then being the My Father La Opulencia. But there is still so much more to learn and so many more to try. It’s been a lot of fun. Looking forward to learning more here.

I should add that outside of cigars, I love to backpack to which a cigar at the end of a long day on the trail is just going to add a ton of pleasure. I’m also a father of 1 little girl and in a demanding career. Both of which cigars provide a nice reprieve from on occasion.

Last edited:
Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
Welcome from the great big little bitty town of Clanton! If you ever want to meet up for a smoke, hit me up. Congrats on celebrating your first father's day, and on finding this wonderful hobby.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Welcome from Arkansas bound Plymouth, MA! La Opulencia is a great stick! Top 5 non-cuban for me!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from the great big little bitty town of Clanton! If you ever want to meet up for a smoke, hit me up. Congrats on celebrating your first father's day, and on finding this wonderful hobby.
Thanks everyone for the welcome. And I definitely will Nathan when I come back into some spare time.