What's new

nudge in the right direction

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
since theres not many cigar shops in my area (well theres one but only have about 5 brands) ive been doing some shopping around online for 5 and 10 cigar sampler packs. ive got some picked out that looked pretty good and i was wondering if anybody's ever smoked some of them. Im just looking for some input. i enjoy a mild-medium cigar. (although im aquiring a taste for some of the more robust ones)

1. ashton maduro
2. romeo y julieta reserve maduro
3. hoyo de monterey excalibur royal sterling
4. partagas spanish rosado
5. montecristo white :smokingbo

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I haven't tried any of those mentioned, but I know the Ashton line is a great cigar, just have'nt tried the Maddy.

For me, finding a nice mellow light bodied smoke was hit & miss. I did enjoy the Macanudo Portofino a lot, the Monte Tubo, and Punch Champion(the Champion is a sweet little fireplug, nice and robust)

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Shoot,the only Ashton I have in my humidor is a VSG. Those maduros are good though. I think Holt's has them for a good price.....hmmmm....now I gotta buy more.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've heard good things about Ashton Maduro. I personally like the HdM Excalibur line, one of the few Honduran cigars I enjoy. Some of the milder cigars I've had are Macanudo and a couple of the regular Fuente line. I disliked the 8-5-8 but know alot of others that like it. That Macanudo is one of the best selling mild cigars last time I checked. You might wanna look at those.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
kirscovitch said:
since theres not many cigar shops in my area (well theres one but only have about 5 brands) ive been doing some shopping around online for 5 and 10 cigar sampler packs. ive got some picked out that looked pretty good and i was wondering if anybody's ever smoked some of them. Im just looking for some input. i enjoy a mild-medium cigar. (although im aquiring a taste for some of the more robust ones)

1. ashton maduro
Tasty and smooth maddie, well constructed, and an excellent purchase. Also look at the Cabinet and VSGs
2. romeo y julieta reserve maduro
Not my favorite maddie. This cigar can be great, but has been off more times when I've had one. There are better maduro's on the market IMHO.
3. hoyo de monterey excalibur royal sterling
I once smoked these often when starting out, though rarely any more. I recommend these to newbs. I find them good but lacking complexity.
4. partagas spanish rosado
One of my favorite of the NC Partagas. Full bodied and unique tasting. I wasn't sure about the taste on the first I tried, but new I would keep them in stock by the third.
5. montecristo white :smokingbo
Eh... I don't dislike this cigar at all, it just does nothing for me. Mild constant flavor. I prefer the MC Afrique.
The above are just my lowly opinion. :sadpace: