What's new

NY Snow Emergency

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I haven't been following too closely but I've heard that it is bad in some places and want to say a prayer for all those that might be in danger, stuck, trapped or just put in a bad position altogether. I'm not sure if any of our fellow BOTL are affected by the snow, if so, post here and let's us know you guys are doing ok. I know ENV's out that way as well as many others. I'm not sure the actual reaches of the dangerous weather though. (Maybe I should look that up ey?)

Stay safe brothers and sisters, help if you can but try and stay warm through the worst of it. I'll be praying for ya.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Thats more north of me brother but def thanks for caring. I heard Buffallo got 52 inches of snow!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Yes, Buffalo is screwed for sure. Glad to hear you're safe and sound. The Buffalo Bills are actually offering 10 dollars an hour and free tickets to anyone willing to shovel out the stadium and they say that Sunday's game is still on. How about use your resources to help those in trouble and worry about the football game last?? That's big money for ya....can't stop that train..No no no

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That is awesome coming from a Great BOTL. @3/5King It has been a little over a Week here in the 2 to 20's. Glad today we are going up i weather temps. Tonight low will only be 25 so not so bad. We will be hit with Freezing Rain but tomorrow should warm up a little to 37 so it is much better then 2 to 20's... I will have all the others as well in bad weather in my thought and hope they are safe and warm.

James

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Great post Dave, I think their supposed to get more to as well.. I just hope it doesn't come down to the city .. But yes prayers to everyone there.. They said 4 deaths already linked to the snow already .. So sad

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Great post Dave, I think their supposed to get more to as well.. I just hope it doesn't come down to the city .. But yes prayers to everyone there.. They said 4 deaths already linked to the snow already .. So sad
Yes, I'm sure that number will double or triple by the time it's all said and done. Glad you're safe JMP

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Yes, Buffalo is screwed for sure. Glad to hear you're safe and sound. The Buffalo Bills are actually offering 10 dollars an hour and free tickets to anyone willing to shovel out the stadium and they say that Sunday's game is still on. How about use your resources to help those in trouble and worry about the football game last?? That's big money for ya....can't stop that train..No no no
I actually used to do pretty well in the winter like that. I've done the old Giants Stadium for cash and tickets, and LIRR (Commuter trains here on Long Island) station platforms for straight cash. Some days I think if still be better off calling in sick to work and just shoveling.

Luckily though we haven't felt any if the pain they're getting up north. I couldn't imagine trying to get out of the house with 5+ feet of snow against the door.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I actually used to do pretty well in the winter like that. I've done the old Giants Stadium for cash and tickets, and LIRR (Commuter trains here on Long Island) station platforms for straight cash. Some days I think if still be better off calling in sick to work and just shoveling.

Luckily though we haven't felt any if the pain they're getting up north. I couldn't imagine trying to get out of the house with 5+ feet of snow against the door.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with it when it's not a state of emergency. It's a good way for quick cash. Imagine the flooding they are going to have once it all melts....it's going to be a delayed nightmare.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Yeah, that's actually a huge problem. I remember last year when we got dumped on they were begging people to go to their corners and dig out the storm drains that got plowed over so the water had somewhere to go once it started melting.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Stay safe everyone! Use common sense
Unfortunately common sense is a rare commodity these days. I'm sure I would be shocked and at the same time not at all surprised by the number of auto accidents and stranded cars during this storm. People that just HAD to get somewhere non essential. And an alarming number of them in big trucks, cause you know 4WD makes you impervious to snow and ice, even if you have no idea how to use it.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
it snowed somewhere? i've been shut out from the world since i cut off cable (just watch shows on hulu) and at work I don't get to watch tv

but holy crap 52"?!?!? in NJ it's just cold as balls, but thankfully going back up to 45-50 in a couple days.. maybe one last true outside smoking day

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
it snowed somewhere? i've been shut out from the world since i cut off cable (just watch shows on hulu) and at work I don't get to watch tv

but holy crap 52"?!?!? in NJ it's just cold as balls, but thankfully going back up to 45-50 in a couple days.. maybe one last true outside smoking day
Who watches cable for the news anyway? Lol

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm 60 miles south and we got nothing but the company I work for has 8 locations in the Buffalo area. 3 of those have been closed for 2 days now and will also be closed Thursday. We've got people trapped in their homes that couldn't get to work even if the malls were open. One said 52" at her house, another was close to 60" and another 12-24" is forecast for Wed night / Thurs. Really disruptive to the entire city, although the city of Buffalo was spared the worst of it. Once again they didn't close the Thruway in time and some folks were trapped in their cars for over 24 hours. Really nasty situation.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Grew up in buffalo and lots of family and friends still in the area. Crazy storm for sure my brother got 2" less than a mile away they got 50+. Mom and Dad live in the "snow belt" and only got about 6". We had the same storm last week in CO but it didn't happen so fast. Our mountains got 4' over a a few days and now it's in the 40's. WNY is in big trouble when the warm up comes. Stay safe brothers in that area.