What's new

Nyc Bbq

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Went out for dinner last night with some friends from work and man was this place good. Fantastic beer & liquor selection and the food was fantastic. I got the sampler which had ribs, chicken, pulled pork and sausage.

If you're in the city and need a place for dinner, definitely check out Bluesmoke.

http://www.bluesmoke.com/

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Dinosaur is great, I had no idea they had an NYC location.

I've been to the one in Rochester and the food was awesome

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
yeah, west 131st.

If I can remember correctly, you can see the back of the restaurant from the west side highway.

never been to the one in NYC, but if it's as good as the one in cuse, it may be worth the treck for you tri-city folks!

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
why is west 131 st. a shady spot, cause its in harlem? .. whenever im in NY i go to three places katz deli, sparks steakhouse, and sylvias soul food restaurant in harlem, around 131 st. never thought that was a shady spot, why would i.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Are you Texas and Kansas CIty boys really going to let them tell you there is good barbeque in New York City?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
why is west 131 st. a shady spot, cause its in harlem? .. whenever im in NY i go to three places katz deli, sparks steakhouse, and sylvias soul food restaurant in harlem, around 131 st. never thought that was a shady spot, why would i.
i'm not saying it is...in fact I've never been to the one in NYC. i'm simply going on what people I know who live in the city are telling me. I have a few friends who used to live out here in CNY and moved to NYC and have told me it's a different vibe than the 'cuse location. I'm simply going on their description of it being 'in a seedy neighborhood'

please do not interpret my forner comment as being...well...whatever, definately not what I meant, and definately not who I am

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Best BBQ I have ever had was in Kansas City. Out of all the places I ate, I think I liked Fiorella Jacks the best and Gates was a close second. MMMMM Barbecue...now I am hungry.

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i'm not saying it is...in fact I've never been to the one in NYC. i'm simply going on what people I know who live in the city are telling me. I have a few friends who used to live out here in CNY and moved to NYC and have told me it's a different vibe than the 'cuse location. I'm simply going on their description of it being 'in a seedy neighborhood'

please do not interpret my forner comment as being...well...whatever, definately not what I meant, and definately not who I am
well then your friends need to get a clue, just cause its in a black and hispanic neighborhood, doesn't mean its seedy or a shady spot. i'm sorry if this comes off as an attack on you josh, its not, and i did interpret it as, black/hispanic neighborhood watchout.. thats not what you meant, then i apologize.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Just because an area is predominately hispanic or black doesn't make it shady, Being shady makes it shady, and harlem is defintely that. One of the highest crime rates/poverty areas in the city. This resturant is right below the West Side highway, in a shady spot.

Sorry bro, but you couldn't pay me enough to be caught there after a certain hour. Nothing to do with race.