What's new

NYC - Cigar Friendly?

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hey guys,

I know there are more than a few NY'ers here, and rather than send out a bunch of PM's, I'll ask publicly.

I'm taking the family up to NYC for Christmas (that cancer scare in October prompted me to start working on the Bucket List) and it appears there's a Barclay Rex across the street from our hotel on Lexington Ave.

I don't know if I'll have a lot of free time (we're looking to soak up as much as possible between landing Thurs afternoon and leaving Monday noon) but I'd like to take some time to sit in a nice lounge and have a smoke or two.

How about Central Park? I've always wanted to sit on a park bench and watch the world go by... Probably freeze my ass off but...

Any particularly friendly spots around? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Have a Merry Christmas!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I don't think you can smoke in Central Park anymore. I know I did last year when I went, but I'm pretty sure they killed that off.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
we smoked inside of the Nat Sherman store last time I went and on the 3rd floor balcony of a little irish pub close to Times Square. Other than that good luck.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
You can smoke inside Barclay Rex. They have a lounge and a great selection, but expect to pay NYC taxes+overhead. If you want more of a cigar bar experience I'm a big fan of Merchants on 1st ave and 62nd, but I've also heard good things about Club Macanudo.

Smoking in Central Park is probably illegal now with the new laws, but if it's not crowded you can probably light up and see if anyone asks you to leave.

-Charles

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bar and Books is a nice spot for a smoke, though it was crowded on the Friday my gf and I went. Five buck charge if you don't smoke or bring from outside. My friend has recommended Cigar Inn, which is in the same general area as Barclay Rex. Cash only, but you can byob from the next door liquor store.