What's new

NYS passes tax cap!

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Huge day for brothers here in NY and even across all borders. If a state like NY can see the light then I have hope for everyone. Whats everyone smoking to celebrate?

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For us Canadians that frequent cross border b&m's what does this mean for pricing?
A cigar that costs probably around $10-$11 will drop to around $8. Basically a cigar that costs a shop $4 wholesale before had to pay $3 in tax. Now they will only have to pay $1. So theres a significant drop in price even on midrange sticks. The higher priced stuff should see a rather large drop in price.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That's great!

Now, as a consumer, when can we expect to see this reflected in the prices we out-of-towners pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well nvm everybody, still has to pass assembly apparently. And with only 1 day left I dont know how good the chances are of that happening.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Theres still a chance but Im not sure how good it is. This is pretty depressing news honestly. NY needs help badly and this doesnt go through more shops will probably close down.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
In context I have noticed that prices are somewhat higher but at the end of the day they are still better than Canadian retail prices which are at least 2-3 times more in comparison....and the NC selection is nowhere even close.

Hope it passes.....I'd hate to see the b&m's I frequent in Buffalo/Depew close.

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The Albany Times Union did I nice piece on Cigars this past Sunday. My Brother-in-Law sent it to me. He says that it mentioned the shop I took him to. He also mentioned that the Cigar Hate Club of America members have chimed in with hateful rhetoric.

Just thought I'd share.