What's new

O What A Wretched Creature I Am!

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, what a wretched creature I am!

Someone on BOTL got me turned to the cigar auction CigarBid, and I am seriously hooked! In the past, I've spent most of my online time with video games and social media. Now I find myself lurking in the shadows of CigarBid!

What am I to do now?!?!?

:D

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have drunken bid before...well maybe a couple times.

Its good and bad, get some sticks you forgot you ordered, Yay!

Realize your wife isnt amused, Boo!

Now I steer clear. If I have a specific stick in mind that I loved and want a 5er, Ill check all the haunts, and sometimes bid on a 5er...but I stay the hell away unless I have a goal.

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I steer clear. If I have a specific stick in mind that I loved and want a 5er, Ill check all the haunts, and sometimes bid on a 5er...but I stay the hell away unless I have a goal.
I agree. My situation is that we really do not have good cigar stores here in Twin Falls. Their merchandise is seriously marked up and their selection is a bit sparse. Added to the fact that I had been away from cigars for 12-13 years, I am needing to relearn what my tastes are. Places like CigarAuctioneer and CigarBid are wonderful!. All I have to do is to wait a little longer.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Took me 3 years to walk away from actively bidding on CBid...but hey, I managed to get some great deals as well as broaden my horizons. I bought enough stuff before MAP started being enforced to set me up for, probably, the rest of my life (...I’m old...). Also got into the forum and have met some really cool people.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
definitely walk away from the games and social media,they will rot your brain.
the online cigar sales will ultimately drive the B&M dealers out of business, so every smoker in the U.S. need to be literate in CBid speak.

(Man O War )

Last edited:

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, B&Ms have to become more then cigar stores to survive
***Personal Opinion***
Personally, I think this is a big shame. We have a cigar shop (Big Smoke, Twin Falls, ID) where, when you walk in, you are inundated with hookahs, incense, and alcoholic beverages. Personally, I am not surprised though. Twin Falls is a small town of approx. 45,000 and is 120 miles from Boise and 225 miles from Salt Lake City.
I would just adore a gentleman's club where they have private humidors, overstuffed leather chairs, and raised wood paneling.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, that's not the type of change I imagined. The B&Ms that do well down here are a place to watch the ballgame and socialize with other BOTLs while having a cup of coffee or a drink. They have internet access and charging outlets, good ventilation. They host events ranging from Brand Reps to BBQs and Super Bowl parties. The on-line auctions can't give you the social experiences.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
***Personal Opinion***
Personally, I think this is a big shame. We have a cigar shop (Big Smoke, Twin Falls, ID) where, when you walk in, you are inundated with hookahs, incense, and alcoholic beverages. Personally, I am not surprised though. Twin Falls is a small town of approx. 45,000 and is 120 miles from Boise and 225 miles from Salt Lake City.
I would just adore a gentleman's club where they have private humidors, overstuffed leather chairs, and raised wood paneling.

Don't forget the chamber maids and a couple of cabin boys for @bwhite220