What's new

Obligatory n00b Post

redukt

Herf Master (In Training)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm a newbie here so I thought that I'd drop by here and say "Hello", especially with the frequent reminders showing up on the forum pages to do so, if not for any other reason. I'm a native of Richmond, Virginia (well, just outside the city, but it's easier to say Richmond), and also of alt.smokers.cigars (Warning: 'news://' link). I thought I'd register on the forums here also, as I see botl.org turning up more and more in my various cigar related searches on Google.

To sum up my cigar lifestyle: I only smoke about once a week, but sometimes more and usually less. When I do get the chance, I'm partial to fuller bodied smokes, but don't swear by them. Favorites include the Hemingway series by A. Fuente, Partagas Blacks, Padron Anniversario Serie 1926 and 1964 (natural or maduro), La Gloria Cubana Serie R (Maduro), and the El Rey del Mundo Flor de Llaneza (Maduro). I rarely get to buy by the box, but enjoy browsing the various online retailers for samplers, 5-Packs, hard-to-gets, etc. however I generally buy various singles from my local B&M. Big fan of JR's (link)when buying on the web, and the local B&M, Havana Connections (link) is the largest "chain" in town (either four or five storefronts around Richmond and the outlying counties), and the only one as far as I'm concerned. If you're ever in town, look them up in the phonebook, head to their Swift Creet store, and tell them Chris sent you. You'll either get a warm welcome or a shrug (depending on if it's Bernie's day off or not).

Check me out on the web at http://cigars.redukt.org. If something's broken, let me know, as I just made some changes as far as my host is concerned, and really haven't gone through everything yet.

That's my two bits. For now ;)

Attached: Tonights moment (or should I say POST moment) of zen: The wrapper off an original production (1998) Hoyo de Monterrey Seleccion Royale Reina (Maduro). The paper is white, and the cello is a delicious yellow.

Attachments

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Welcome!

I like your selection of smokes:

Favorites include the Hemingway series by A. Fuente, Partagas Blacks, Padron Anniversario Serie 1926 and 1964 (natural or maduro), La Gloria Cubana Serie R (Maduro), and the El Rey del Mundo Flor de Llaneza (Maduro).
I've smoked 5 of those 6 in the past month; I'll have to check out the El Rey now. :smokingbo

redukt

Herf Master (In Training)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes! Seems like a great place with a bunch of great people!