What's new

Odd pepper / spicy issue?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I have experienced this a few times recently. While smoking a cigar, I will occasionally get this really strong spicy / pepper taste (not in a good way). I cant figure out why this is, but it is not pleasant, it almost burns the lips. Anyone else experienced this?

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Some sticks have that quality and I don't like it much either. I've experienced it with the Cain F, Mombacho Thermo Nuclear and Arganese CL3...others I can't recall. Not pleasant.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I first experienced it with a gurkha (which is not the best quality stick I know), but I am getting it right now with a Mi Amor? I am puzzled.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If i recall from smoking the Mi Amor thats just the cigars profile. Perhaps its just too spicy for you? Also have you been sick at all recently. That can affect the tastebuds.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Some sticks simply have a ton of pepper or spice -- some like it, you may on the future. One thought is to make sure the stick isn't burning too hot: wait a minute between puffs and don't take crazy-hard draws either.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with that smoke. I have never been hit with nasty spice, so not sure what you are describing. I get sickly from sour and acidity, which can affect you tastebuds in similar fashion. I would shy away from any smoke that makes you feel that way.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Alot of sticks are in this flavor catagory. If your not a dialy cigar smoker these profiles are really magnified and can be unpleasent. I remeber when I first started out how some cigars were very peppery and seemed harsh on my throat but after my pallet adusted and I became more seasoned I found this to go away and actually enjoyable. Cheeper cigars still taste bad and harsh but quality cigars will aclamate with you.