What's new

Office/Smoking Room/Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to the wonderful folks at my company and a series of layoffs and transfers I was able to take a voluntary offer and was "laid-off" in January. With everything going on I've been a little slow to build my retirement house and shop, but we are breaking ground in a couple of weeks and I need to have the layout for my office/smoking room finalized this week.

It is going to be in the Texas Hill Country south of Kerrville, a little shy of 2,000 feet of elevation so it will be a bit cooler and dryer than San Antonio or Austin. Plan calls for a wood shop, and metal shop and an office with a walk in humidor. The walls and ceiling of the office will be sprayed with 3 inches of closed cell spray foam to insulate and seal, the humidor will be sprayed with 2 inches of spray foam on the office walls to seal it. The office will have a mini-split ac and a EVR for air exchange. It will also have a AC Infinity CLOUDLINE 4 inch fan to handle the smoke and provide 205CFM or 6 air changes an hour, and a small EVR that will provide 30CFM for comfort and air exchange if it is just me smoking.

The humidor will have 16" deep cabinets with drawers, the center cabinet will have a false drawer that will have the vent for the humidifier, the toe kicks on the cabinets will be ventilated.

ShopOffice.PNGHumidorPlan.PNGHumidorCounter.PNG

https://www.aristocrathumidors.com/walkinhumidor.html SF XL+Duct w Flat Mount 6 ft sensor+ Float Valve

The cabinets are 16 inches deep and there will be 39 inches between the cabinet faces and the door. I will install shelves on the back and side walls above the cabinet height. Anything I'm missing or should consider.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My goodness, the only thing I believe you've forgotten is my invitation to the grand opening!

Maybe cabinets for your liquor collection and a built in bar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two questions....

1. Are you married/partnered?

2. What is this personal paradise costing you in reciprocation? :D

Love the plans. Good luck!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many boxes are you thinking this holds? Looks great!
Shelves will be 9 foot long, 12 inches deep, I figure 10 to 12 boxes on the second and third shelves, the bottom will be trays of loose cigars, the top shelf will be unicorns and stacks of boxes for long term aging. The countertop will be booze bottles, and the drawers will be duplicates of booze and cigar boxes, a little pipe tobacco and I might let a few friends borrow a drawer.

One idea is to label the shelves with brass plates with friends names so the wife thinks they aren't mine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shelves will be 9 foot long, 12 inches deep, I figure 10 to 12 boxes on the second and third shelves, the bottom will be trays of loose cigars, the top shelf will be unicorns and stacks of boxes for long term aging. The countertop will be booze bottles, and the drawers will be duplicates of booze and cigar boxes, a little pipe tobacco and I might let a few friends borrow a drawer.

One idea is to label the shelves with brass plates with friends names so the wife thinks they aren't mine.
that’s a brilliant idea about putting friend’s names on your cigars. I love the creativity in camouflaging your cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
that’s a brilliant idea about putting friend’s names on your cigars. I love the creativity in camouflaging your cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is such a great idea lol. I could see doing this and having my dads name on one. He would fly across the country and empty me out.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
very nice! love the cloudline, as you can adjust the flow. just a thought... go with the cloudline 6 which will give you 402 cfm. or even the s8 (740) Handles 2 smokers w ease.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! love the cloudline, as you can adjust the flow. just a thought... go with the cloudline 6 which will give you 402 cfm. or even the s8 (740) Handles 2 smokers w ease.
If I move up to the 100CFM ERV and use the 205 CFM cloudline then I'll have one air exchange every seven minutes, or eight and one half times an hour, the AC will be oversized simply because they don't make one smaller than 9000 BTU. If the cloudline turned on i'll have to have a window or door open a little anyway since the buildings are going to be built to passive house tightness standards. There is a eight foot folding door to the northeast that will allow great ventilation on all but 90 to 120 afternoons a year, by dusk it is cool enough to sit in breeze and have a smoke pretty much all year long. The sun sets to the front of the building, the office is in the back, that allows the heat of the day to disapate by sunset. My expectation is that it will be myself and at most two other smokers or more than half a dozen guys. ERV and vent for up to three, windows and doors cracked with AC for the times when it is a crowd.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’m in central Texas with an 8x8x10’ walkin that I built on one side of my garage. I didn’t see you mention how you were going to cool the humidor. Maximize the wall space on all sides for shelf taking into account where your humidifier will be. I don’t store cigars on the First three shelf’s right above the humidifier (boxes on on the 4th and 5th shelves starting at 6feet up). Also think about having your humidifier plumbed in with a float valve for total hands free Operation. Increasing the wall frame work to 2x6’s for even more r value with the spray foam...especially on that outer exterior wall. Maybe use Hardi board to avoid mold on Sheetrock. A tyvec vapor barrier would help stop the spray foam from getting wet. How many electrical outlets in there?

This is going to be a fun build to watch! Keep the updates coming.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in central Texas with an 8x8x10’ walkin that I built on one side of my garage. I didn’t see you mention how you were going to cool the humidor. Maximize the wall space on all sides for shelf taking into account where your humidifier will be. I don’t store cigars on the First three shelf’s right above the humidifier (boxes on on the 4th and 5th shelves starting at 6feet up). Also think about having your humidifier plumbed in with a float valve for total hands free Operation. Increasing the wall frame work to 2x6’s for even more r value with the spray foam...especially on that outer exterior wall. Maybe use Hardi board to avoid mold on Sheetrock. A tyvec vapor barrier would help stop the spray foam from getting wet. How many electrical outlets in there?

This is going to be a fun build to watch! Keep the updates coming.
Three walls will be shared with a conditioned office, the wall to the shop is six inches and will have 4 inches of closed cell spray foam. The other three walls will have two inches of CCSF to insulate and seal. I’ll Install a wine cellar cooler if I can’t maintain the temperature with the AC. The office will have R28 walls and ceiling with an 22SEER heat pump, but I imagine that I’ll be installing the split cooler.