What's new

Official NYC Summer Biergarten HERF!!! 07/22/06

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I'm hosting a herf (with some help) and we want this thing to be big and open to everybody from every board. Some of you may know me, most probably don't. I'm sorry if I'm stepping on any toes announcing this, but I wanted to make sure everybody who is a BOTL knew about it. So, without any further ado...

It's official, the NYC SUMMER BIERGARTEN HERF!!!

Saturday, July 22nd, 2006 at 2:00pm

at the Bohemian Hall Czech Biergarten

http://www.bohemianhall.com/home.htm

Located 24 Ave. and 29th St. in Astoria, NY. (29-19 24th Ave.)

Come one, come all!!!!

This event will be sponsored (Stogieman/Charlie and Scott1966 are helping me out here so you know it will be good) and there will be plenty of room for all. The biergarten seats up to 1000, so I am not renting the place out, but we will have plenty of places to sit. 12 Dollar pitchers of fine european beers (they have water-aka bud light-too if you insist) and BBQ or Czech cuisine highlight the menu.

The rain date will be that Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 at 2:00pm.

Participants so Far:
CCat
BKCloud
CgarDan (CSmokers)
BigMacFU
StogieMan
Tone-NY
Rob300c
Seavita
Wasy
Shibumi
Slevy007
Hudsonvalley
grateful1
siriusstoogie
Scott1966
bschwimmer (CWorld)
Big100HD
3 Local Cigar Friends of Mine
Fire Factory Guys (FDNY)
A few NYPD
geoffrie (CWeekly)
ResIpsa (CStogie)
BigPoppaPuff (CSmokers)

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headbanger said:
Nice second post. There is a HERF planned for a lot of folks on that day already. Sorry but for me, that day has been spoken for.
What? Where? Nobody invited me ....

(just kidding - I'm a kidder)

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headbanger said:
Nice second post. There is a HERF planned for a lot of folks on that day already. Sorry but for me, that day has been spoken for.
By the way ... lousy timing Steve because this is your type of place!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right headbanger, and I know that because I checked the calendar. But not everybody will be able to make it to West Virginia, and for those from the New England area who may not be able to make it down there, they have a much better chance of making it to NYC. It's not detracting from the herf down there, it's simply an invite. Sorry if I offended you headbanger.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I saw this over at Cigarweekly. I don't think I can make it due to a family party but if it changes I would love to attend!

Thanks for joining up and inviting us!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to have met such a seasoned Cigar man, enjoy your time with the family. Check if it rains, cause sunday is the rain date ;-)

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
BigMacFU said:
You're right headbanger, and I know that because I checked the calendar. But not everybody will be able to make it to West Virginia, and for those from the New England area who may not be able to make it down there, they have a much better chance of making it to NYC. It's not detracting from the herf down there, it's simply an invite. Sorry if I offended you headbanger.
It's cool Bro. It's not like you came here advertising a product with your first post.

Thanks for the heads up and I hope the herf is a success. I recognize many names on the list and wish I lived closer so I could join in!

David

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
geoffrie said:
By the way ... lousy timing Steve because this is your type of place!
I saw Geoffrie from CWeekly and started to laugh out loud. Thought to myself who let that guy in? I thought he was a BOTL kinda guy :scratchhe . This does STINK cause I am so looking forward to meeting the guys from MD, VA, and WV at Brian's place, about an hour and half. I really wish I could be in two places at the same time.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Headbanger said:
I saw Geoffrie from CWeekly and started to laugh out loud. Thought to myself who let that guy in? I thought he was a BOTL kinda guy
That's where it all started for me.

Actually it started with Cigar Aficiando - but I won't admit to that

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add there is plenty of street side parking in this part of Queens (I live here) and very few parking meters. At worst you'll have to walk a few blocks.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
BigMacFU said:
I forgot to add there is plenty of street side parking in this part of Queens (I live here) and very few parking meters. At worst you'll have to walk a few blocks.
What are you kidding me no Valet Parking? :cryloud:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
BigMacFU said:
Participants so Far:
CCat
BKCloud
CgarDan (CSmokers)
BigMacFU
StogieMan