What's new

Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We are in to the second round of games in the group stages and there still isn't a thread?!?!?

Preliminary thoughts from the frist round of games.

-Big teams that were expected to do well are really looking weak (Spain, Brazil v Croatia, Uruguay)

- CONCACAF doing work! loved the Costa Rica upset! only team that dissappointed was Honduras.

-Netherlands and Germany looks scary good again, able to score at almost any moment.

-Although USA won the game, they did not look very strong. Germany did us a favor with the Pepe red, lets squeeze a point out and hope Ger already have qualified for knockout stages and start a weakened( if you can call it that) side.

Who else is a footy fan?

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
What is this world cup you speak of? Is it a big deal or something:)

Haven't been able to watch much, but from what I've seen... if altadore can't come back US chance goes from slim to grimm. Lot of second guessing the Donovan decision

Love way Mexico stepped up against brazil, ochoa came up big. Hopefully they can keep that level of play.

Brazil hasn't looked good, bs penalty gave them the first. And mexico gave em couple good scares.

Spain WTF seem slow, little mental errors, did the whole team drink tainted water cause just don't look themselves.

Way its looking could be some crazy upsets this tournament

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What is this world cup you speak of? Is it a big deal or something:)

Spain WTF seem slow, little mental errors, did the whole team drink tainted water cause just don't look themselves.
Spain's Center Backs are slow , thats the bottom line
Someone needs to phone a cab for Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas cos the pair of them need to go home now, they've been utter crap

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Spain was slow and had zero fight in them. A questionable starting 11 to say the least. Have enjoyed the run they have been on for the past 6 years. Time to regroup and look forward to 2016. Germany looks solid, Brazil so so as long as the Dutch don't win I'm happy (can't stand robben). Exciting knockout round to be watched.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Welcome back to hopelessly wild optimism Spain, come have a seat next England
Let's put France in that category too. Loads of talent, just hope they can harness it.

As for Spain, its time for the old guard (Iker, Ramos, Xabi, Pique) to be smart and follow Puyol's lead. Call time on your international career and let the young guns (Isco, Aspi, Cesc, Mata ect.) build experience before Euro 2016. Just my observation.

Also, if anyone has seen Diego Costa, Chelsea are looking for the former Athletico Madrid version of him not the disappearing act one of WC Brazil.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm in India. Got up and watched the USA vs Portugal game at 3:30am...so let down. We played great except one defenseman that allowed both goals to occur. His ass needs to be benched. He's slow and his effort is in question. No excuse for giving a tieing goal the last 30 seconds of the game.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Ok its official, this is the worst officiating I have seen in a world cup. Ivory coast was robbed trip over your own feet and get the penalty. UGH! what else should you expect from a tournament run by most corrupt organization

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Suarez just got suspended for 9 international games and a 4 month ban from all soccer activity. Not only did he embarrass his country's team but it wouldn't surprise me to see Liverpool dump his ass.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What an ending to the Brazil Chile game. I thought Chile deserved the win and hate to see a game decided in a shoot out. It was exciting though.